• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My new Oakleys have a ton of sun reflection

Glasses newbie 101

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum as well as Oakleys. I just bought my first pair (the Two Face model) yesterday at a local sunglasshut for $203 (said price in case there were different tiers I was unaware of, you guys might know). However wearing them in the sun today I am seeing lots of reflections on the inside of my lenses, usually of my face.

I was curious if this is normal or not? I've never owned Oakleys before and am not a "sunglass person" who knows the models, mods and industry standards so I wanted to ask here.

PS sorry if this is the wrong forum section.

Last edited:
what lens did you get? some lenses do this way more than others. (prizm deep water polar, fire, chrome, ect...). some of my lenses do it, some don't. with your frame being a lifestyle frame that is more squared off it lets more light in than a wrap around frame and can contribute to it as well.

what lens did you get? some lenses do this way more than others. (prizm deep water polar, fire, chrome, ect...). some of my lenses do it, some don't. with your frame being a lifestyle frame that is more squared off it lets more light in than a wrap around frame and can contribute to it as well.

Thanks for the reply! The lens that came with the glasses say Prizm on them, but thats all the information I can find. How can I tell exactly what lenses came with the glasses?

That is the SKU.

Based on that your lenses should be Prizm Black Iridium polarized

Thanks! Now I know what lenses I have for future reference. Are these lenses known to exhibit reflections on the inside of the lens? Seems like the two main factors would be the internal lense surface and the type of frame (how much light it lets in from the side).

Thanks! Now I know what lenses I have for future reference. Are these lenses known to exhibit reflections on the inside of the lens? Seems like the two main factors would be the internal lense surface and the type of frame (how much light it lets in from the side).

The lenses do seem to have a noticeable AR coating, but the end result does depend on frame. On the Carbon Prime, I don't have any issue. That frame probably wraps tighter than the Two Face, though.

Back