• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need repair/replacement advice

SublimeJhn

Oakley Beginner
I have purchased the last Oakley's I will ever own. I ran into the dreaded hinge problem on my Oakley badmans about a month ago, but fortunately Luxottica agreed to repair them under warranty. After sending them in and not hearing from them for weeks, I get an email today telling me I have 90 days to call them or they are throwing my sunglasses out. When I called they said they are no longer repairing or replacing the Badmans, so they want me to pick something else. I have the prizm daily Badmans, not only do I like the style of the glasses, I'm not aware of any Oakley's that are currently being manufactured that are more expensive. So they are basically holding my sunglasses hostage now to make me choose a cheaper pair to replace them with. I had a member on this site willing to sell me a spare hinge, and now I really regret not just going that route. What does everyone recommend I do?

Fine, don't ever buy Oakleys again.

Thanks, I won't. Very helpful contribution you've made though, your advice is much appreciated.

I was going to say the same thing, they are a lot more exspensive then The Badman, plus you can pick up Badman off the bay for 1/2 of the price Oakley sold them for, or buy a real x-metal frame that will last you a life time

Maybe it's just me, but those things look pretty ugly. I suppose I could try to go that route and then sell them to replace my Badmans, but this seems like a lot of unnecessary work and I have a feeling as soon as I pick an expensive pair like that Luxottica is going to make all kinds of excuses about why they won't let me pick that pair. I don't get why they approved my warranty if they had no intentions of repairing them anyway. Ridiculous

Thanks, I won't. Very helpful contribution you've made though, your advice is much appreciated.

Maybe it's just me, but those things look pretty ugly. I suppose I could try to go that route and then sell them to replace my Badmans, but this seems like a lot of unnecessary work and I have a feeling as soon as I pick an expensive pair like that Luxottica is going to make all kinds of excuses about why they won't let me pick that pair. I don't get why they approved my warranty if they had no intentions of repairing them anyway. Ridiculous

Welcome to SUXOTTICA!!!!!!!!!!

Just give the Carbon Prime request a try first... Then plan next steps. Worse they can say is No.

+1 on Carbon Prime. It’s the only real option available atm. Or maybe a Radar Pace. Probably the second most expensive retail value.

You're welcome, glad I could help.
TBH it really wasn’t bad advice...

You can tell a lot about someones intentions by the first few words of their post...

Like ‘I don’t mean to be a pain... but ... ‘

‘YES...! YES YOU DO!’

or

‘I pay your salary...’

Some conversations were never meant to end well...

Back