• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New lights in 3.0 display case

It's hard to read the IKEA instructions. How are the strip lights actually powered? Is there a cord that just plugs into a regular wall outlet somehow?

i've noticed at least in the single, that this model has the 4 bulbs or fluorescent tubes. what will it take to convert the one with 4 bulbs to tubes to match the bottom?

i've noticed at least in the single, that this model has the 4 bulbs or fluorescent tubes. what will it take to convert the one with 4 bulbs to tubes to match the bottom?
You're taking 3.0 to 3.1 conversion. 3.0 is the bulbs. 3.1 is the tubes.

I would think you'd just need to remove the bottom of the top panel and replace it with white or frosted plexi. Then relocate the tubes and wiring in the top so you can't see their shadows, probably in the cavity of the top walls.

I have heard of people doing it but never seen any pictures. @OakleyFrankFMJ has some done I believe but his camera requires 3oz of gun powder, 30-40 feet distance, and for you to hold that scowl for 8 seconds.

You're taking 3.0 to 3.1 conversion. 3.0 is the bulbs. 3.1 is the tubes.

I would think you'd just need to remove the bottom of the top panel and replace it with white or frosted plexi. Then relocate the tubes and wiring in the top so you can't see their shadows, probably in the cavity of the top walls.

I have heard of people doing it but never seen any pictures. @OakleyFrankFMJ has some done I believe but his camera requires 3oz of gun powder, 30-40 feet distance, and for you to hold that scowl for 8 seconds.
Gotta take off the top panel and cut the whole out for the plexi and have the plexi made.

All mine are 3.1 anyway. ;)

My camera also requires plutonium and a little extra oomph (like a bolt of lightning) to take a photo with flash. :rofl:

Back