• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New member - looking for Prescription!

Reamsm99

Oakley Beginner
Hello all!

Have a set of Infinite Hero Holbrook Metals that I love. They have the Violet Iridium lens non-polarized which is perfect so I can see my HUD when I am driving. They are perfect for driving - except when my eyes are tired and I have to put on readers. I can find these exact Oakley Replacement lens with the RX tag on them and would love to buy a set and have them ground into readers (or my prescription) but can't seem to find anyone that will grind lenses you send in like that.

Thank you and I am enjoying the foum!

Matt

Welcome... If I understand what you're saying right, I think I need to inform you that prescription cannot be ground into Oakley replacement lenses. Oakley replacement lenses have no prescription. So you would have to buy prescription lenses, these are ground into special Rx blanks at the lab. They could be made into a reader prescription but then you couldn't drive in them or see far away. So you are looking at going to an optometrist and buying progressive lenses so that there's a reading area on the bottom and a mild distance RX on the top.

Aloha and welcome to the Forum.

IMG_8721.gif

Welcome... If I understand what you're saying right, I think I need to inform you that prescription cannot be ground into Oakley replacement lenses. Oakley replacement lenses have no prescription. So you would have to buy prescription lenses, these are ground into special Rx blanks at the lab. They could be made into a reader prescription but then you couldn't drive in them or see far away. So you are looking at going to an optometrist and buying progressive lenses so that there's a reading area on the bottom and a mild distance RX on the top.

Sorry for the delay - I have been traveling!

Yes - OK that makes sense. When I got the replacement lenses they had an "RX" sticker in them - so I guess I assumed..........and we know what happens then. So my only option would be to get different lenses made with the prescription already in them then. OK - I use readers when I drive occasionally and I thought a 1.5-2 power into these lenses would be the perfect blend of both worlds. I will survive however. Thank you again for all the info and help!!!

Sorry for the delay - I have been traveling!

Yes - OK that makes sense. When I got the replacement lenses they had an "RX" sticker in them - so I guess I assumed..........and we know what happens then. So my only option would be to get different lenses made with the prescription already in them then. OK - I use readers when I drive occasionally and I thought a 1.5-2 power into these lenses would be the perfect blend of both worlds. I will survive however. Thank you again for all the info and help!!!
You are welcome! All the best!

You are welcome! All the best!
Hello Chris, Hope it is ok to revive a old thread........I am trying to order some RX glasses from Oakley direct, and finding it very difficult. Can an order for Holbrook Metals with RX lens be put in with you directly by chance?!?!!? Sorry I can't PM you directly yet. "matt_reams at yahoo dot com" if it's easier to email me. if not your line - I understand!

Back