• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley and Dillon Collaboration

So if in the future this can be done and ordered---who will be cutting and selling the Dillon lenses for Oakleys?
In an ideal world you’d be able to order direct off the dillon site then find your own cutter/ cut yourself.
Personally im more of a say do person. Dillon needs to adjust their webpage to allow orders then inform the forum. Job done. Talking about it for pages here achieves little. The first move is dillons. It has to be official. No backdoor ordering.

Much prefer dillons lenses on Oakleys. I like some Dillons sunglasses (Eloy) and I was tempted to buy dillons but there are no dealers in Australia and cannot try on the fit.
I was worried about spending $AUD300-$350 on a pair and then realise it doesn't fit properly or doesn't look good!
I guess for me getting their lens put in an existing Oakley frame is the best option.

The first move is dillons. It has to be official. No backdoor ordering.
This is the main key...

just a verbal, under the rug phone conversation by Trent to some of our forum members is the furthest thing from official...

Trent is trying to make sneaky decisions for the company without the owner knowing, which puts everyone at risk...

Trent needs to have an open line of communication with the Dillon Management so an official communication can be released and the cease and desist letter goes away...

If those two things can't happen, then we continue with business as usual...

This is the main key...

just a verbal, under the rug phone conversation by Trent to some of our forum members is the furthest thing from official...

Trent is trying to make sneaky decisions for the company without the owner knowing, which puts everyone at risk...

Trent needs to have an open line of communication with the Dillon Management so an official communication can be released and the cease and desist letter goes away...

If those two things can't happen, then we continue with business as usual...
I feel like Joemama isnt the only Dillon rep monitoring this thread. He can't make sneaky decisions for long. Ownership will be informed or has been positively.

I feel like Joemama isnt the only Dillon rep monitoring this thread. He can't make sneaky decisions for long. Ownership will be informed or has been positively.
Maybe...

...and if they collectively are on board with what Trent is saying, the letter will go away...

If the letter never goes away, just take what Trent is saying with a grain of salt and remain cautious...

@Joe Momma, educate me please. Probably been answered, but I couldn't find it.
Are there Dillon donors with 8.75 base curve compatible w/ X-Metals? What BC range do Dillons cover?

The thread reads like there are two types of Dillon lenses: NIR, which are polarized and are very matte, and non-polarized (called what?), which are less matte? (I couldn't find the latter on Dillon's website).

Somebody know the BCs of Square Wire 2.0, Minute 2.0, New Eye Jacket and Half-Jacket 1.0? Those are frames I might consider patching up w/ Dillons as well, depending on availability of donors w/ proper BC.

Last edited:
Dillon donors (I believe all of them), have basecurve 8. Not quite 8.75, but close enough. There are many donors for X-Metals, among them Drake, PHX, Colt, and a bunch others.

Yes, there are 2 types of Dillons, but they actively sell the NIR. If you want real matte, stick to NIR.

Not sure what's the bc of those Oakley frames you listed. I think 8.75, but not 100% sure
@andr3 everything you listed is 8.75 be curve. Dillon NIR is the same base curve. But the active ones, or the non polarized ones they sell blanks for are only 6 base curve and won't fit those models for sure.

Back