• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Apparel - Fit and Quality??

I ordered and received some shirts and shorts recently.
The shirts fit very small. I ordered XXL and a bit snug on my shoulders and arms. They fit but those shouldn't be xxl. They are xl at best.
The shorts on the other hand run somewhere between true to size and to big.
I ordered aize 40 and definitely need a 38.
Quality imo is so so. It's ok stuff, but there are several brands who's fit and quality are far superior.
Just wanted to circle back around with an update.

Maybe all their testers and models are triangles? Haven't gotten the shorts yet, but ordered a 38 and now I'm a little nervous. Still love the shirts, picked up a ton on the 40% off sale for like $12 each and use them for the gym and everyday wear.

Maybe all their testers and models are triangles? Haven't gotten the shorts yet, but ordered a 38 and now I'm a little nervous. Still love the shirts, picked up a ton on the 40% off sale for like $12 each and use them for the gym and everyday wear.

I hope the shorts work out for you.
I also bought some of the sale stuff
2 of the $12 tshirts and 2 of the athletic shirts that were like $17 or so. I like them ok.

Yea, Oakley sizing is weird. I'm not a huge fan of their clothes, save for their jackets, hoodies, and pullovers. I have two T-shirts and one polo and those fit a bit off. Love the 3/4 zips and hoodies i have though.

Old Oakley stuff was big, new Oakley stuff is small...... What was a medium back in the day is now an XXL, go with the XXL for a more comfortable fit.

Since Oakley is now Lux owned apparel line will no doubt follow European fashion trends of nut hugging pants and baby gap shirt sizing..

I admit I sortve like it haha

They have 2 different styles recently. Regular(standard) and Tailored(slim fit). I used to be a large in polo's but now the regular fit is big on me and I have to go with medium. If it's tailored fit I have to go with large. It's a f*cking mess is what it is...haha

Considering Oakley fit in the late 90s was true to climbing/skiing fits, perfect for any sportsperson, it sounds like they're trying to fit muscle bound 250+lbers and salespeople, 80% of whom will never use their sunnies for anything other than posing.

What a complete clusterflux

I think the quality of Oakley t-shirts have gone down significantly. I have some older shirts that I have worn all the time and 7+ years old and still in great condition. Some of the shirts I've bought in the more recent years are so think and cheaply made I have to throw them out. I wish they made them like them used to.

A bit late to the party, but .....I am an xxl and find that the standard t-shirts are a bit too tight - especially round the neck, however the 2 long-sleeved t-shirts I have are a good fit.

Bringing this one back. Bought a fleece hoodie in size XL and it fit like a muscle shirt. Returned and bought a different fleece jacket and a golf full zip in XXL and they still felt like they were slim fit. Returned both.

Luxottica must think Americans look like European hipsters.

Back