• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Day At RED Studios Hollywood...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim jannard

Founder of Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Oakley Collector's Day. Take two.

I would be proud to host an Oakley Collector's Day at RED Studios in Hollywood. Oakley collectors are a special breed and I am proud to count myself among you.

The only requirement to attend is that you intend on selling or trading a few pieces in your collection. A few is defined as 3 or more. You may bring a friend (one).

Selfishly, I am looking forward to filling in my collection, which I hope will be the single best place to define Oakley history. I hope some might bring things I need but that is not a requirement. Given this change from my original post, I'd like to clearly state now that I will be happy to sign anything (within reason) that someone has who trades with me.

I will have many interesting things to offer for trade. Things you are not likely to ever see on Ebay. I will not sell anything, only trade. But I will also buy if you are not interested in a trade. Selling or trading with me is not mandatory for you to attend.

There will be a tour of RED Studios during the dinner break and also RED items for sale if you are interested.

Dinner will be the best tacos, tamales, etc. that you have ever had (according to David Fincher and Steven Soderbergh). Coronas will also be served but limit will be two. We don't want fist fights in the parking lot over a Romeo. :) A variety of soft drinks and sugar products will be available throughout the event. If you don't like Mexican food… we will also have sandwiches available.

If you plan to attend now that you know the new scoop, please contact Tash (tash@red.com) and she will send you a confirmation of your registration and map. She will need your name and guest's name. It would also be nice for us both to know where you are from.

Having said all that… this is the schedule.

Date: Saturday August 10, 2013

Time: 3pm - 9pm

Place: RED Studios Hollywood

Address: 846 North Cahuenga
Hollywood, CA 90038

Parking: Lot B and valet. 1st come, 1st served basis.

Schedule:

2pm- Move in and set up. Tables will be provided and shared among collectors as is reasonable.

3pm- Official welcome and opening by Jim Jannard followed by a Q&A.

4pm- 6pm Open Trading begins. Everyone is encouraged to trade… both Oakley items or stories.

6pm- 7pm Dinner.

7pm- 9pm Trading resumes.

9pm- Trading ends.Pack up and move out.

Jim

(Original post- (I'm thinking about setting aside a day to have Oakley collectors come to RED Studios in Hollywood.

You would have to bring your best Oakley stuff and be ready to trade or sell (to me).

I'll have things there that are an Oakley collector's dream.

I will also show you everything RED. You will tour the studios and see the latest RED stuff. Who knows who might just show up...

I'm thinking about 3 months from now... or so.

Would anyone have interest?)

I reserve the right to edit this post, modify my thinking and generally change my mind. Jim

I would for sure be there, been following your posts and all I can say is WOW, we are all lucky to have your input, Thank You Jim

i would love to be there. any chance you can detail what you have for trade, Jim, so we have an idea what we should bring? some of us have massive collections and will have to pick and choose trade material before getting on the plane.

aww man. sucks to be located outside of the States at times like these. Nonetheless, that's an Awesome idea for sure! wish i could participate in this, dammit!

I don't want to spoil the surprise... but I have "special things". I also have cash. :) My bet is that the "special things" will be of more interest.

It will also be a great Oakley moment. I'm quite sure I can lure a few members of the design team to join us. You just might get some insight on what is coming next. Who knows... maybe we will design a new model that day.

If you ever wanted to be on the inside... this will be about as close as you will ever get.

Jim

This is awesome, I would love to go there but the best oakley that I have might not interest you at all. But this would be cool and once in a lifetime chance. Is it ok just to visit? I'll be in Hollywood by June.

That would be like...wow. Christmas squared. I don't think I have anything worthy of sale or trade any longer however, life required I liquidate the collection over the last couple years. I have a happy, healthy 5 year old boy to show for it though :dance2:

Everyone can come and enjoy. If you have great stuff... all the better. If you are an Oakley fan... come watch the show.

I hope we have to set aside our biggest soundstage to fit everyone.

Jim

Sign me up, I am in. Along with my Oakley addiction I am into photography and video. I would love to see the RED in person, so far only pics. Let us know what you are looking for. I have never sold or traded any of my Oakley acquisitions but would consider if I have something you are looking for. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back