• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley EV ZERO

They have LAWYERS for that?!?!?!?!? :rofl:
@kronin... Instead of side-to-side shake, can you do a quick nod/head-banging motion? I'm totally serious... I'm a mountain biker and curious to know if they are tight enough for the off-road conditions. My OG sub-zeros sucked for mountainbiking and never stayed put :(

@kronin... Instead of side-to-side shake, can you do a quick nod/head-banging motion? I'm totally serious... I'm a mountain biker and curious to know if they are tight enough for the off-road conditions. My OG sub-zeros sucked for mountainbiking and never stayed put :(

As a life-long metalhead, I'm actually better qualified to perform the headbang than the headshake...

In all seriousness, I did perform the requested test. To my surprise they were actually more solid with the headbang than the headshake...

They don't grip tightly, but they grip. I guess the light weight makes the difference; I don't have subzeros to compare. Of course, everybody's head/face is different, so YMMV...

But overall I'm glad I caved...

Which pro cyclists are riding EV Zero sunglasses? In the European coverage I've seen this year, Oakley-sponsored cyclists are sticking with the Oakley models that fit more securely. For example, Cavendish was wearing Jawbreakers in the sprint at Scheldeprijs earlier today.
None of them, except maybe Fabian Cancellara or a tiny bit Cav, have the balls to try it frankly. Combined with the mandated helmets in the pro peleton compared to years ago they could go sans helmet as many did in the mountain stages. Greg Herbold used to race with his original Sub Zeros on the downhill when they first came out. Tomac wore them a number of times in cross country races as well.

None of them, except maybe Fabian Cancellara or a tiny bit Cav, have the balls to try it frankly. Combined with the mandated helmets in the pro peleton compared to years ago they could go sans helmet as many did in the mountain stages. Greg Herbold used to race with his original Sub Zeros on the downhill when they first came out. Tomac wore them a number of times in cross country races as well.
true Bikers are different....from time to time I saw guys rocking vintage oakleys...I remember xco worldcup 2012 Kulhavy rode vintage Racing jackets(the pearl/vr50trans model) and I remember when Ryder Hesjedal was still in MTB he wore minutes back in early 2000's I also saw Roland Green racing in Mag switches and Mag M frames...I haven seen any pro road guys riding even the mag M frames, they are more conservative i guess

I'm a little concerned that we might see the EV Zero removed from the shelves very soon, so snap them up while you can.

As soon as Oakley HQ starts receiving all the reports from O-stores across the globe that the simple act of trying on the EV Zero in-store seems to trigger neck-endangering spasmic epileptic fits in the wearer, I fear Oakley Legal will pull the plug and these will be recalled en masse back to the testing stage.

It'll be the Silver Shamrock Mask debacle from Halloween 3 all over again.

You guys.....Keep yuckin' it up! Go ahead! Have your laughs! I know you aaaaaalll got together by PM's and decided to just put me and my head shaking through the wringer! Well, I don't Care! Make fun you bastards! we'll see who has the last laugh!

@Ventruck just posted an awesome review and I mentioned in there that I had filed patent and copyright paperwork for the "vigorous Oakley head shake test"...so please, all of you...keep right on going! Every time you mention it I get 0.0012 USD!

so HAAAA!!!!!

:drinks:

Latest Posts

Back