• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Failures

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
Over the years Oakley has come up with some possibly questionable designs that didn't work out with the general public. What pairs do you think fall under this category or are there any pairs that are considered a failure but you think otherwise? Here are some I think are:

- Jupiter: this was a failure, even though there is a small following they tried to evolve the Frogskins and in this case it just doesn't work. The frame is too feminine looking and has an uncomfortable fit IMO

- Pit Bull: I think many would agree that this style is/was a failure, even though it's just been released it's too large for most of the general public and the design is questionable

- Jury: some might consider this a failure but I disagree. It might have been discontinued already but this is one of my favorite Oakley frames. It's the first style in a few years to use O-luminum again and it's the same size as many Square O frames, which works out very well IMO. Fit is amazing and they are comfortable to wear

agree on the Jupiter (hate those)
disagree on the Pit Bulls - they fit my face perfect and i like the style alot specially the matte black with +red and red icons!!

never tried the jury - but your polished version from xmetalmaniac is DOPE dude!

Crosshair 2.0 - Completely ruined the legacy left by the first one;

Sideways - Awesome design ruined by the fact of it not being an O-matter frame;

Jupiter - I agree with Batwolf. Too feminine.

Fives (2009) - Obscured by the 3.0/Squared whose designs are much better

Monster Pup - Never really caught the wave of its "daddy"

I can't think of anything that would be considered a failure, but worked for me. Maybe the Jupiters. I liked them, but i still prefer Frogs.

The ones that just didn't do it for me would be the Eyepatch 1 & 2, the new frogskin design, and the Eye Jacket 3.0

I totally agree with the EJ 3.0 and new Frogskins being colossal failures.

I would say the Half-x is a complete embarrassment to the x-metal lineup. Bottlecap without the benefit of unobtainium for spa sports model leaves me speechless. I am also nit a fan of the zero L.

felon was the biggest failure.

how can frogskins be failures when they usually sell out?

Back