• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley first 2024 clothing drop?

You're right, there's also a argument to be said for staying in your lane, Nike, Adidas and Under Armour have the area locked down there, Oakley should be sticking to what they know, technical designs with an eye for detail and creating characters and a certain element of a story line. This transition they are doing will not only leave them getting the scraps from nike and others but will also loose there original customer base as we will get bored with these lacklustre designs. Brands like Salomon, Montbell and other "Gorpy" companies will see that there is a massive opportunity to gain loyal customers from a brand like Oakley and capitalise on it (Im not saying Oakley falls into GORP category at all! But when looking at the vintage/second hand market the do often cross paths)

IMG_2232.png

It seems like they saw factory team shoes reedition worked so now they are releasing their own model reusing the soles and mesh. Price is way too high tho..
I second this opinion, Oakley at the minute I think are in no mans land, I think they are caught between wanting to go extremely mainstream on the other hand want to bring their old styles back but don't have the team nor the brains and creativity anymore. hence why we are just getting things like the icon bag being released again at a high price and now these shoes. When I saw these my words were 'ohh really (rolling eyes)' just so basic.

I second this opinion, Oakley at the minute I think are in no mans land, I think they are caught between wanting to go extremely mainstream on the other hand want to bring their old styles back but don't have the team nor the brains and creativity anymore. hence why we are just getting things like the icon bag being released again at a high price and now these shoes. When I saw these my words were 'ohh really (rolling eyes)' just so basic.
I agree with you for the most part, that they have no idea what they are doing and which direction to go. However, I’d rather have rehashes than plan t-shirts.

I agree with you for the most part, that they have no idea what they are doing and which direction to go. However, I’d rather have rehashes than plan t-shirts.
I guess my argument against that is, it was done so well back in the day and so much thought went into these designs to just re-drop it years later when your community is calling for innovative exciting designs, just seems a bit of a cop out. Do they have none of their own ideas they are really just reproducing iconic designs. But I guess it gets people discussing views like we are now!

Back