• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Flak Jacket 2.0

my local O Store employee was shocked when I told him I didn't want to sped a ton on the flaks because the new flak 2.0 is coming soon. He kinda looked at me as if to say how do you know about that and pauses before saying "our regional rep from OKC just showed us a book with those in them a week or so ago. I have no idea when they are actually coming out."

We also got to talking about the prizm line and lack of polarization. he insisted that Oakley was waiting to see what the market did with the new lenses before releasing them to the stores. not if but when.

Any chance Flaks 2.0 will incorporate some kind of locking mechanism for the lenses? Since the Fast Jackets are being retired, maybe the Flaks 2.0 will be a replacement for them?

Any chance Flaks 2.0 will incorporate some kind of locking mechanism for the lenses? Since the Fast Jackets are being retired, maybe the Flaks 2.0 will be a replacement for them?

If there was, it'd be insanely compacted because I can't see it in any of the pics so far.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Regular pop and pressure fit does work despite being crude in comparison. If the Fast Jacket was ended due to sales then I wouldn't expect any form of a successor. There still is no sign of replacement for the Split Jacket.

didn't notice a locking mechanism on the pair I handled so I doubt it

Just to drop some added insight into this that has CLEARLY already been stated here, yes there is of course the Flak 2.0 coming out as you apparently know. The current Flak Jacket will be going down to like 4 SKUs and the XLJ will be going down to an availability of 16 or 18 SKUs if I remember correctly. So they aren't going away entirely yet. There is no locking mechanism unless it is hidden so well it cannot be found in any of the pics I have. The colors coming out in this style as well as the aforementioned Jawbreaker for R2 are really awesome! Especially some of the signature series ones, just WOW.

Just to drop some added insight into this that has CLEARLY already been stated here, yes there is of course the Flak 2.0 coming out as you apparently know. The current Flak Jacket will be going down to like 4 SKUs and the XLJ will be going down to an availability of 16 or 18 SKUs if I remember correctly. So they aren't going away entirely yet. There is no locking mechanism unless it is hidden so well it cannot be found in any of the pics I have. The colors coming out in this style as well as the aforementioned Jawbreaker for R2 are really awesome! Especially some of the signature series ones, just WOW.
When is R2 roughly? sometime in the summer?

Latest Posts

Back