• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Friends and Family Sale, November 2016

I feel like they skipped an F&F this year. 99% another one took place before/around R3 in July. Or I just missed it.

But yeah, the SF store is nice. Had my work situation not changed, I would've been passing by more frequently.

Yeah they skipped it this year. June/July I think it was (there are a couple of threads on it) . But I remember I got a ton of stuff then (and even more during the Peel and Reveal later in the year)

I hate to be an impatient child, but I can't help but wonder if Oakley's sales have dipped and if skipping F&F earlier was part of a larger restructuring plan within the company. Either that, or they didn't want anyone buying the Radar Pace at discount so early on to immediately hurt its value.

Otherwise, I don't know who in their right mind, in the US, is buying anything from them directly apart from clearance and store-exclusives.

I hate to be an impatient child, but I can't help but wonder if Oakley's sales have dipped and if skipping F&F earlier was part of a larger restructuring plan within the company. Either that, or they didn't want anyone buying the Radar Pace at discount so early on to immediately hurt its value.

Otherwise, I don't know who in their right mind, in the US, is buying anything from them directly apart from clearance and store-exclusives.
They could have just made an exclusion like they did in the past with new releases which coincided the F&F event.

I do recall Lux cracking down on discount pricing with some merchants; perhaps this is coinciding with the stuff this quarter. Makes sense for the lack of discounting to start at the top, Ventruck.

Oakley will also institute a mandatory MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policy under the streamline efforts, “a necessary action to protect the equity of Luxottica’s proprietary brands.” This MAP policy imposes restrictions on resellers trying to sell Oakley product at discounted costs. These “discount costs” must be approved by the Group.

Oakley Announces Structural Changes as Final Move by Luxottica's Organizational Streamlining | Transworld Business

Agreed on the last point.

Sent from Q's Note5

Last edited:
I'm a simple guy - sounds like a good chance to get my clear/Jade Brooks that I have to my brother...

Maybe...

Maybe not...

Latest Posts

Back