• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Romeo 1's and Michael Jordan - The Real Story

Some people made a lot of money because of this misinterpretation.
I think the 4 digit ones will still be as valuable. I want one and it has nothing to do with Michael Jordan.

What I want to know is how much longer they will be referred to as Jordan R1s.

4211914054_8c841cb41c_z.jpg

I spoke with the local OG rep here and asked about the "Jordan" Romeo. He said bluntly, as far as he knew the only pair of so called Jordan Romeos were the ones that Jordan owned. He hadn't heard of any specifically branded or marketed "Jordan" Romeo.

I don't think this realization will affect the value of Jordan R1's, as they are still highly valued and sought after pieces.

these will always be referred to as 'Jordan' R1's because the link is too strong now and the rarity of a four digit serial, square section arms etc. this is as certain as regular r1's will never be known as (tom) 'cruises'....!

i think most people on here will be aware they were never an official release and the name only evolved due to pictures of mj himself wearing them. i am pretty sure the mars leather was never an official mj product either, even though his picture is on the box.

Last edited:
I have always referred to them as Romeo "Jordans" because of the unofficial affiliation, timing and color scheme. they were never named that, because, as much as his airness helps, Romeo, the first xmetal is cool enough.

I have never understood why the all the 4 digit serialed Romeo is so in demand. It is the 5000 and under serials that are important since they are the only ones the original reps called 'limited edition' back in the day.....though they never put it down in writing so as to give them a chance to sell more of the red sock pairs.

Latest Posts

Back