• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley SKUs (a reference guide)

He's made it clear that he has backups, blames OF for certain things, and has no intention of sharing anymore. This was a week before the dude scraped the test site so hay had nothing to do with it.

IMG_4757.PNG

Which makes me sad because I don't think it's true at all.

@OakleyFrankFMJ you know Dan? Maybe he possesses a backup file for x metal, etc?

@SiRacer420 i would enjoy helping rebuild the list that O-Review made. It's a way for all of us to be happy, and it's a way to help Dan if he wants to redo the site. I will be in touch soon.

I have been in contact with @SiRacer420 as I have started working on a database and we're going to collaborate on collecting data to put in it and his google doc. Not looking to replace O-Review, but hoping to get a good searchable database of useful info. I hadn't mentioned it before as it still needs a bit of work before it's useful.

I have been in contact with @SiRacer420 as I have started working on a database and we're going to collaborate on collecting data to put in it and his google doc. Not looking to replace O-Review, but hoping to get a good searchable database of useful info. I hadn't mentioned it before as it still needs a bit of work before it's useful.

That's great! Good too see people working together so everyone benefits.

I should say this.

I have much respect for Dann. That dude has arguably made collecting Oakleys even possible. Yeah sure anyone could have done it but they didn't.

What he made was invaluable but I guess he wasn't thanked enough and if he chooses to step away or just keep it on the DL then that's his choice but I think it's a sad loss for everyone.

What @illumination and I are doing here is not replacing OR. It has nothing to do with OR. We here at OF have never had a list of skus or database or any type and I think now is the time to do it. Something right here so you don't have to leave or if you do it's just a google sheet or searchable database not a whole new site.

I've even looked at XenForo to see if there is anything we can incorporate to give us an in house database. @OakleyBoss if you know of any or have any interest in doing something like that, I'll volunteer to manage it.

Whatever it takes I just need to be able to look up skus for all the stuff I buy so I can add it to my inventory.

I'll say this last. Whatever I come up with, and I think Illumination feels the same way, will be available to everyone forever and I don't expect anything in return. I'm not the type of guy to build a bomb ass sand castle at the beach, invite people to play with it, then cry when it gets ****ed up and little.

I should say this.

I have much respect for Dann. That dude has arguably made collecting Oakleys even possible. Yeah sure anyone could have done it but they didn't.

What he made was invaluable but I guess he wasn't thanked enough and if he chooses to step away or just keep it on the DL then that's his choice but I think it's a sad loss for everyone.

What @illumination and I are doing here is not replacing OR. It has nothing to do with OR. We here at OF have never had a list of skus or database or any type and I think now is the time to do it. Something right here so you don't have to leave or if you do it's just a google sheet or searchable database not a whole new site.

I've even looked at XenForo to see if there is anything we can incorporate to give us an in house database. @OakleyBoss if you know of any or have any interest in doing something like that, I'll volunteer to manage it.

Whatever it takes I just need to be able to look up skus for all the stuff I buy so I can add it to my inventory.

I'll say this last. Whatever I come up with, and I think Illumination feels the same way, will be available to everyone forever and I don't expect anything in return. I'm not the type of guy to build a bomb ass sand castle at the beach, invite people to play with it, then cry when it gets ****ed up and little.

I completely agree with @SiRacer420, Dann did a fantastic job with O-Review, and I have no intentions of trying to replace it. My main reason for starting the project is because I want to try and give back to the community in some way and I figured that as I'm a programmer, this seems like a good opportunity. I'm also not particularly attached to the project per se, so if it ends up being better as a plugin to the forum, or if people prefer some other format, I'm happy to use what I have done to work towards whatever that solution is. I just see this as a starting off point to help that process.

Oh, and all the code is on github, so if anyone wants to follow along, feel free.