• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Splatter Paint Vintage Snow Goggles

Neo

Oakley Beginner
Howdy folks,

My first post here. Long time Oakley fan, occasional lurker here.

I found this pair of goggles a few days ago when I was digging through some old stuff. I got these new in the early 90s, wore them a few times snowboarding, and they somehow got lost in an old jacket since then. Stoked to find them!

I hate to turn this into a sales pitch, but frankly, I'm selling a bunch of stuff on eBay, and have these listed there. However, I'm thinking about keeping them, as they have some sentimental value. The splatter paint is pretty rad, and it seems that not many of these are still around.

Does anyone know if replacement shields for these appear for sale very often? If so, what do they usually sell for? Also, if anyone has any info. about replacing/repairing the foam, I would appreciate it.

IMG_3840.JPG

IMG_3844.JPG

IMG_3847.JPG

I found an answer to the foam repair question:

One could still get A frame lenses last year, 2.0s don't fit afaik. It is possible to find replacement foam, but it isn't OEM Oakley and you have to fully remove the old foam and glue in the new. If it just coming loose in a couple of places you can glue it back. I don't think Oakley will fix it, but it is worth a call (they used to replace foam on models in the past)

I didn't like the Airwave (it was cool, but heavier than the Airbrakes and Canopy I use). The FD XM is sweet, but I have loads of lenses for my Airbrakes so I'll stay with those.

Thanks for the post in the other thread, NF.

I'm still trying to figure out the replacement shield issue. This frame looks a lot like the eyeshade. Does anyone know if a replacement eyeshade lens would fit these goggles?

I found an answer to the foam repair question:

Thanks for the post in the other thread, NF.

I'm still trying to figure out the replacement shield issue. This frame looks a lot like the eyeshade. Does anyone know if a replacement eyeshade lens would fit these goggles?
I believe goggle lenses are much more flexible than the sunglasses one, so eyeshades lenses wouldn't work on your frame. I'd look for the model name and then hubt down a pair on ebay and us it as a donor for yours.
I'm still struggling with the foam in my wisdom, so ifyoufind a way to fix it, please let me know. It ain't as vintage as yours, but it was my first o goggle and I love how rad they are

I believe goggle lenses are much more flexible than the sunglasses one, so eyeshades lenses wouldn't work on your frame. I'd look for the model name and then hubt down a pair on ebay and us it as a donor for yours.
I'm still struggling with the foam in my wisdom, so ifyoufind a way to fix it, please let me know. It ain't as vintage as yours, but it was my first o goggle and I love how rad they are

Good point about the flexibility, and good call about figuring out the model name, etc. I'll see what I can come up with.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My first few pairs of Oakley glasses have been long gone for a while, so I'm not sure if I want to get rid of my first O goggles.

I'll do a little research on the foam repair, and keep y'all posted on any new info.

Do you remember when you bought these? Like the year? I was trying to look at the list here but there aren't pics for each goggle color and I saw 3-4 models that look like yours (except for the color). Take a look in O-review .com and look for the snow goggles, you might fing which one is yours
I'm leaning to the ski goggle, o frame and pro frame

I bought them between 1993-1995.

That o-review site has a great timeline for all the different models. Thanks for the link. Although now I'm starting to feel old. lawl.

After comparing this pair with all those, I think this one is the "ski goggle." I still have not found a single other splatter paint model from anywhere near that time frame. I'm going to check with Oakley tomorrow and ask about the foam repair, and also ask if they can identify the model.

PS. I know this isn't a sales post, but just in case anyone here was watching the eBay listing, I decided to end it. After thinking about my first few pairs of O glasses I had way back when, that I wish I still had but unfortunately disappeared over the years, I've decided to not sell these.

Latest Posts

Back