• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I’ve had a few pairs of OEM lenses delam over the years, but not too bad on the whole considering how many I own. The worst was a set of NOS Ti polars for the original Valve. Seems like the stress of installation initiated the delam.

I also had a pair of Revant Elite instantly delaminate when I sprayed them with Oakley cleaner. Turns out you aren’t supposed to use alcohol based cleaner on those. oops. They did send me a new pair for free and some cleaning solution, but honestly it kind of turned me away from aftermarket lenses. At the time I was desperate to find HJ lenses.

Oakley sucks. They make super expensive glasses that are of poor quality and don’t last. My Radar EV’s barely lasted two years and are out of warranty. They are peeling around the perimeter. I have never had glasses expensive or cheap do this. I will shout my displeasure from the mountaintops. I will not be buying Oakleys again. The pair that I have that replace them are from a gas station (Pugs), they are 100% UV protected and are two years old. They have a cool blue reflective coating and they are like new.

And in regards to the Darts many of Oakley's gradient lenses are actually dipped, rather than injected and overtime the elements will eventually cause it to peel. I honestly don't know why Oakley still manufacturers gradient lenses. They've had these problems for years.

Latest Posts

Back