• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

☆☆☆Official MMA thread☆☆☆

Style Bender and Blessed IMO. I think Kelvin is going to have a really hard time dealing with the reach and footwork of Izzy. As far as Max and DP goes, I think that's going to be a fun fight from bell to bell with Max outworking DP to a clean unanimous decision, 2 close rounds to DP and 3 CLEAR rounds to Max.

A few other fun fights on the card that night too.

Style Bender and Blessed IMO. I think Kelvin is going to have a really hard time dealing with the reach and footwork of Izzy. As far as Max and DP goes, I think that's going to be a fun fight from bell to bell with Max outworking DP to a clean unanimous decision, 2 close rounds to DP and 3 CLEAR rounds to Max.

A few other fun fights on the card that night too.
Really good analysis bro. I couldn't possibly agree more with izzy and kg. I can't stand that either one of them is gonna be a mw champ though. Neither has done enough yet imo. Izzy is definitely a talent and looks the part but he hasn't faced any top 5 talent yet. KG is just too inconsistent.

I really like both dp and max so I'm torn on that one. I think dp might be a little too rugged for max. If max can stay out of a fire fight I do see max out pointing dp though. I'm really excited for that fight.

KG had that fight won in the 4th and then losing all strategic awareness, a la Garbrandt, went for that lazy shot which let Izzy recover. Izzy dominated that 5th though.

KG needs to become more disciplined with his weight and fight at ww. He's too short and his frame is obviously smaller vs the top mw's. Izzy was able to get away with that matrix style defense vs the shorter kg but vs top 5 mw's that silliness will get him slept!

Hell of a fight though! Can't wait to see Bobby Knuckles vs Izzy

I'm happy for Poirier, he's been chasing gold for a while and now he's finally got it. Sucks that one of those guys had to lose though...two really good dudes and both are fantastic fighters! Poirier just too durable and was on point tonight.

Max needs to stay at fw though, he just doesn't have the power for lw.

I'm happy for Poirier, he's been chasing gold for a while and now he's finally got it. Sucks that one of those guys had to lose though...two really good dudes and both are fantastic fighters! Poirier just too durable and was on point tonight.

Max needs to stay at fw though, he just doesn't have the power for lw.

Man, i never wouldve thought Max was going to be affected by the power like that. I mean, he held his own but DP looked bigger and had a BIG power advantage. I think the real standout in that fight was Dustins defense, he did an excellent job not allowing himself get overwhelmed.

I dont even have words to describe the Middleweight co main. FOTY.

Man, i never wouldve thought Max was going to be affected by the power like that. I mean, he held his own but DP looked bigger and had a BIG power advantage. I think the real standout in that fight was Dustins defense, he did an excellent job not allowing himself get overwhelmed.

I dont even have words to describe the Middleweight co main. FOTY.
DP has really matured at lw. He's so much better now than just a few short years ago. I knew he was a banger but I never would've guessed his striking would be that effective and look that crisp vs max. I guess that power really nullified max's normal gameplan to overwhelm. And you're right, DP done really well staying composed and picking his shots. That 3rd round got him a little but he came back and closed it out dominantly.

I had been excited to see max move up but now after seeing that fight I want him to stay at fw. Heavy hitters at 155 like Cerrone, Gaethje, Barboza, Conor will eat him alive if he can't bulk up and increase his power. I know he wants to chase that legacy and all but man he got overwhelmed emphatically!!

I'm stoked for the mw unification fight. Whittaker is an absolute beast and seeing how ol shorty KG was getting in on Izzy, woo boy I bet Whittaker is licking his chops!!!

Latest Posts

Back