• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

☆☆☆Official MMA thread☆☆☆

MMA (UFC) started dying back in 2011ish...

Contracts got in the way, Dana was being a complete ****, the best fighters in the world were aging (Penn, Hughes, Couture, Liddell, both Silvas, Franklin, GSP, Ortiz, Griffin, etc), but most importantly the best fighters in those times were all dodging each other...

These new fighters are ok, but they’re not what I grew up watching (Coleman, Severn, Tank, Shamrock etc)...the list above with Penn and GSP in their prime put UFC/MMA on the map, but now this new crop of fighters are uninteresting...

I miss the days of watching fighters named Huerta, Nightmare Sanchez and Clay Guida in their prime...
I agree. I hate the pre-fight previews where joe rogan refers to EVERY fighter in the main event as "could be the best...could be the most dangerous....could be the most technical blah blah blah in the world" it get old. My favorite era was the tito era and Fedor era in Pride. THAT era got me to start my run in MMA. I loved it but stopped because there is no future in it. Do i enjoy watching great fights? Hell yeah! Do i hate watching "point targeted" fights? Hell no! Thats what UFC is about now.

As long as Anderson Silva gets his stupid smirking face pounded into oblivion I’m happy. I’m tired of his smug attitude. He’s been caught before and he will again.

Anyone noticed that Cain and JDS essentially fought their way out of competition ??

After their blood bath a few years ago, neither fighter has been the same...

They beat each other out of contention - I think JDS was legally pronounced dead 3 different times during that fight...

One of the best fights of the decade, but it came at a cost for both fighters...

Latest Posts

Back