• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Official Photography Thread

And that was only at F4.2 lol

Rent the 105 and try it out - it’s a must in any collection :)
I looked into it previously but ended up buying the fixed 135 mm f2 which has “adjustable” in lens bokeh. It’s gives a softer image for portraits. I don’t really do macro stuff.

If I find one cheap, I’d be tempted, for sure!!!

Anyone have a canon 7d mark ii? I am torn with getting it vs the canon 80d or abandoning all my lenses and going with a Sony a6500 mirrorless.

Anyone have a canon 7d mark ii? I am torn with getting it vs the canon 80d or abandoning all my lenses and going with a Sony a6500 mirrorless.
If you're going to be doing sports photography or wildlife photography, go with the 7D. It has faster shooting, gps and dual memory slots. If you're doing videography, the 80D will be better because the screen flips out and is adjustable. The 80D has a better battery life, is lighter, better in low light situations and higher resolution.

The Sony is a good choice for amateur photography. It's half the weight, is better in low light but bear in mind that it has less than 1/3 of the lens selection. Also, it's not a dealbreaker but it's battery life sucks.

If you're going to be doing sports photography or wildlife photography, go with the 7D. It has faster shooting, gps and dual memory slots. If you're doing videography, the 80D will be better because the screen flips out and is adjustable. The 80D has a better battery life, is lighter, better in low light situations and higher resolution.

The Sony is a good choice for amateur photography. It's half the weight, is better in low light but bear in mind that it has less than 1/3 of the lens selection. Also, it's not a dealbreaker but it's battery life sucks.
I believe I am going with the 7d mark ii. I do mostly sports/action and wildlife photography with a little low light shooting when my daughter does plays. I have a 70d now which one of the parents of my players is buying off me. Just needed a little affirmation that the 7d was the way to go.

I believe I am going with the 7d mark ii. I do mostly sports/action and wildlife photography with a little low light shooting when my daughter does plays. I have a 70d now which one of the parents of my players is buying off me. Just needed a little affirmation that the 7d was the way to go.
I was going to ask how much you had invested in lenses. If you've got >$1000 of lenses, it's really not worth swapping systems.

I was going to ask how much you had invested in lenses. If you've got >$1000 of lenses, it's really not worth swapping systems.
And in all actuality, while I like the way the Sony pics look, I am so not impressed with the way the camera feels. It is so much smaller that what I am used to.

This is the basic stuff I do.

IMG_7450.JPG

IMG_7853.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_7270.JPG

IMG_6161.JPG

Latest Posts

Back