• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Penny Hinge Screw Replacement Part Now Available

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

I am very proud and very happy to announce that the elusive Penny hinge screws are now available for purchase on eBay. Discount for forum members if you don't go there and just message me here =) Price is per screw (one screw).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161467582794

IMG_1743.JPG IMG_1746.JPG IMG_1749.JPG IMG_1750.JPG IMG_1751.JPG

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Nice logo too!

very nice finally an alternative screw

thanks guys... really proud of these. They fit perfect and are made from a high grade stainless steel so they will last.

Good ! This gives me renewed hope that one day we might see replacement R2 orbital screws offered for sale !?

Username Hidden said:
Good ! This gives me renewed hope that one day we might see replacement R2 orbital screws offered for sale !?

@in2X-METALs Yup my goal is to make all the parts. It's a slow process but that's my goal. They seem to be similar if not exact to the X-Squared bridge screws.

The R2 orbital screw, and the XS nose bridge set screw look a lot alike....

Username Hidden said:
The R2 orbital screw, and the XS nose bridge set screw look a lot alike....
Both are T5 ?
If that's the case you still need to find XS bridge screws and where would you find that ???

Username Hidden said:
Both are T5 ?
If that's the case you still need to find XS bridge screws and where would you find that ???

You don't find it, it's not a ready made part. You think Oakley used cookie cutter hardware in their glasses? No way man. These have to be custom made just like the Penny hinge screws. I'm working on it, but the manufacturing process is slow and expensive.

For the hell of it I phoned Oakley Canada today and asked if the Warranty dept. might have a few screws loose somewhere ;) but no was the answer. Not a a single XMetal part available. Not even pathetically grovelling and sobbing on the phone helped. :(