• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pet Owners?dog, Cat, Crocodile?

After the vet visit she started doing better. When I got her at 3 months old she had an infection under her chin and on her toes. I had to bathe her in a special disinfectant for 2 years until she was old enough to be operated on, my little ceasars salary paid for her foot and dewlap to be amputated, from there I carried her and took her everywhere with me until her color came back. 7 years later the problem came back so of her many vet visits this one was the most promising. Before I left to go back to the Bahamas I knew from the way she looked at me something was wrong. She wouldn't let go of me when I went to leave and I wish I hadn't let her...

Sorry Jim-bob. RIP

Best pet ever. We got her at like two or three weeks old. She turned 3. About 5' long. She eats like a horse.
What really inspiring is the people who has pets that's not really the common Dog and cat. Anyway One of my friend she got the iguana when he was 3 months and care taken from feeding, sleeping with the iguana and took him to school on serial occasion. The friendly Iguana I ever met I must say!

Damned cat. I hate cats. Always have. This one walked through our yard one day last fall and my wife saw her and said "Well hello there", and she walked up on the deck and sat down. You could count her ribs, her fur was matted and full of sticks and sh!t. A stray. I walked outside and figured I'd just shoo her away or yell and she'd run.

Then she jumped up on my lap and fell asleep in less than a minute. Over the next week I brushed her every night after work until she looked and felt better...then I started feeding her...

Then searching for any owner turned into a vet visit and a $300 bill for shots and vaccines and crap. They said she was a TNR - Trap, Neuter, Release, a program that Harrisburg has for strays, her ear is cut off about an inch down so someone seeing her crawl under their deck or something will hopefully know it means she's spayed and can't drop a litter there.

That was last October. Took her 3 full months to be comfortable coming inside the house. Everything scared her, especially ceiling fans. Now she comes in and out throughout the day, when we're at work she's out patrolling our yard and the neighbors yards. I figured I'd get her declawed if she liked it inside, then I saw that it's actually like removing human fingers down to the first knuckle (I thought they just pulled them out) so I said no.

Now she sleeps with me every night.

IMG_3734.JPG

IMG_3501.JPG

Bought her a tower to scratch and hang out on.

She even has a heated "Kitty Tube" on the deck in case it storms when we're not there to let her back in.

IMG_3379.JPG

Damn I hate cats.

Last edited: