• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma Juliet's

Since we are talking Plasma...is $140 a good deal for 1st gen plasma/fire w/ serial, x metal soft case, cloth, and 1999 juliet coin? He claims they have barely been worn, tight hinges, frame/lenses are perfect. I will probably look at it later this week since he is about 40 mins away.
That price almost sounds too good to be true IMO. LOL

That price almost sounds too good to be true IMO. LOL

I know, that's why I am gonna do the drive to take a looksey hehe. That's why I like Craigslist, I can see what I am buying before I pay! In the meantime I am hoping to sell a few things on the bay to fund these!

$140 is a pretty good deal!

Plasma Fires serial # start with a P
P###### - 1st gen
P######A - 2nd gen
P######B - 3rd gen

hope this helps...

$140 is a pretty good deal!

Plasma Fires serial # start with a P
P###### - 1st gen
P######A - 2nd gen
P######B - 3rd gen

hope this helps...

Most definitely! Thanks for the help Damon, S-Works, Razr...and sorry for hijacking your thread Jon lol. Bedtime!

Most definitely! Thanks for the help Damon, S-Works, Razr...and sorry for hijacking your thread Jon lol. Bedtime!

Haha no prob! It's all good information for me too.

Joben hooked me up with his at a nice price. I wonder how Vr28 will look with Plasma...

Also, with the actual Plasma frame, what do you guys suggest to prevent damage to the frame over time? Like when you mean proper upkeep, do you guys give your Juliet's a nice warm Oakley bath? Or would that ruin the frame. I don't want to screw up my first Juliet :sad:

Haha no prob! It's all good information for me too.

Joben hooked me up with his at a nice price. I wonder how Vr28 will look with Plasma...

Also, with the actual Plasma frame, what do you guys suggest to prevent damage to the frame over time? Like when you mean proper upkeep, do you guys give your Juliet's a nice warm Oakley bath? Or would that ruin the frame. I don't want to screw up my first Juliet :sad:
It's pretty hard to screw up a Plasma frame unless it's a first gen Plasma. The later ones are solid. I'd suggest wiping down the frame every once in a while with a damp cloth or, as others have suggested, Purell. Then wipe off with a clean dry cloth. Try to avoid getting water in the hinge and screw areas.

Other than that? Don't drop them and you'll be fine. LOL

Yeah, Joben hooked me up with the First Gen Plasma frame. What do you mean by Don't drop them :sad: lol. I thought Juliet's were indestructible!

Yeah, Joben hooked me up with the First Gen Plasma frame. What do you mean by Don't drop them :sad: lol. I thought Juliet's were indestructible!
Okay, so with first gen Plasma you're going to have to be a little more diligent with the cleaning. I'd suggest a wipe down after use much more frequently. Especially the areas that touch skin as sweat and ils can lead to eventual discoloration.

And yes, while X-Metals are practically indestructible, their finishes aren't. So if you drop them, they definitely won't break but they sure as hell will scratch.

Back