• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plastic Hardshell Cases

gpstar

I should Work at Oakley
Has anybody tried a Pelican 1030 or Pelican R20 hardshell case for a Romeo?

I am currently using a Hazard4 Sub-Pod softcase to transport my metals, particularly my Romeo's when I am out and about. However I am looking for something more crush proof, thus a plastic hardcase like a Pelican which I can just toss into my duffel bag or backpack and not worry about them getting crushed.

The Hazard4 Sub-Pod softcase I use is 18.5 x 7.5 x 6 in cm inner dimensions. The Pelican 1030 is 16.2 x 6 x 5.2 cm inner dimensions, which I think is a tad bit too short in the length department. The R20 Pelican however they list at 18 x 8.6 x 5 cm inner dimensions which I feel could be a tight squeeze but just may work, however they have this inner lip which I worry makes the inner dimensions smaller than advertised. Otherwise the Pelican 1060 with some foam to fill up the extra space will work but you are starting to get into larger territory which will take up more space in my bag.

What do you guys use for a tough hard shell case for tossing into bags when you go out for that extra crush protection?

Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 15.18.19.png

61emq2l-zdL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 15.29.55.png

Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 15.30.02.png

Seems like the R40 would be the exact fit. Wouldn't it?

Interior Dimensions7.6 x 4.7 x 1.9" / 19.4 x 11.9 x 4.8 cm

Ya but the exterior dimensions are quite massive. 15cm in width. To put that into perspective, a X-Metal hard vault is only 8.4 cm in width.

The crossrange case looks like a soft case? I am looking for a plastic hard case with good crush protection

Latest Posts

Back