• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished black tie?

Soundwave

Oakley Enthusiast
I've seen a few of the custom threads show black tie X-Metals and they look awesome. Has anyone done a polished version? I was thinking I may try something with my Juliet's if I can't make a trade for them. They're polished now so maybe polished carbon nose bridge and ear stems? Or opposite?

There's nothing that's easily do able to replicate the oem polished carbon look exactly that I know of. Aside from having black ti nitride coating done by a someone. Would be the closest to oem polished carbon that I can think of.

Ok I shoulda known if it could be done it would have already! What about splicing two pairs together or is that considered sacrilege?

Ok I shoulda known if it could be done it would have already! What about splicing two pairs together or is that considered sacrilege?
You can do whatever you like with the pairs that you own. Just if you ever decided to sell them be very clear on what you did.

Yes can definitely be done but you're not gonna find any polished carbon juliet parts for reasonable. They only came in an ichiro limited release if I remember correctly. A polished carbon hammerstem juliet. You can sort of polish up regular carbon finish a little but too much and you'll polish it right off.

You could do that with a XS. There is a couple selling on the forum with that finish all you would have to do is polish the parts you don't want polished carbon.

I'd love an XS or XX but unless they want a polished Juliet as part of the transaction I can't bring myself to spend more right now. I can't believe I'm contemplating spending more cash at all lol.

Back