• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Poll...Would you post ?

Where will you post?

• Worldwide

• Worldwide only to people i know

• Inside usa

• Inside usa only to people i know

• Outside usa only, for members further away

• Collectors dont sell

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would buy from outside the US if it is a good deal and/or harder to find BUT will only ship to within the US. I will sell to buyers from other countries only if they have a US address and that address match Paypal's shipping address.

The problem is the high shipping costs people don't want to pay

I guess that depends on the item/person. I recently bought a higher value item from the us, the shipping was higher for size/insurance however in relation to overall value of item the shipping was in proportion.
If your buying parts/smaller items shipping is much less In relation to parcel size.

I would buy from outside the US if it is a good deal and/or harder to find BUT will only ship to within the US. I will sell to buyers from other countries only if they have a US address and that address match Paypal's shipping address.
Honest reply, however it works both ways. If you buy outside us or send outside us as long as the items insured and fully declared for any import tax each side is covered wether buying or selling. Yes its slightly more work but if your buying a hard to get item or helping a member out getting theirs then the deals worthy.
If i had a us shipping address and live in uk (i dont think paypal even allows that) any deal would involve shipping an item twice. Which then starts to become more work.

Everyones opinions are right, Just thought i do a poll to see what the split is of buying from us.

I think both parties just need to agree to work together. @Lexkempo and I had quite a shipping adventure getting some boots from Canada to the UK, but it worked out fine, allowing for the usual customs hold ups. Shipping from there was notably more than from the US but I was willing to pay for what I wanted, so all was good and I really appreciated the effort he put in too.

I think both parties just need to agree to work together. @Lexkempo and I had quite a shipping adventure getting some boots from Canada to the UK, but it worked out fine, allowing for the usual customs hold ups. Shipping from there was notably more than from the US but I was willing to pay for what I wanted, so all was good and I really appreciated the effort he put in too.
Exactly ,customs in my experience take more time than carriers at either end of sale. Buyers get that though.
To send abroad, assuming its above board fully insured/declared item costs the seller an extra 2minutes to fill out the customs sticker. Thats it!.

I hadn't seen this thread. Just voted. I will ship worldwide, but under certain conditions, which vary depending on several things:
  • Country
  • Someone I've dealt with or not
  • Method of payment
  • If it's someone I don't know, or new in OF, does he/she have someone I trust to vouch for him/her
Recently I made a deal with a guy in Philippines, who was relatively new to OF, no feedback, had a US address that didn't match his PP address, but was willing to pay F&F, and we have an OF buddy in common who I trust, and who vouched for him. Deal went very smooth, and I look forward to dealing again

Now, the ones that make me laugh, are those who want the least expensive shipping (USPS 1st class international), which doesn't allow insurance, but still want to pay G&S. To me that conversation is over before it even starts
Totally agree, its not as simple as would you ship,,,, theres a whole lot of variables wether a deal feels right or better to leave. I just think shipping to another country with g@s / value insured parcel shouldnt be the reason to say no thanks. Everyones protected.

Latest Posts

Back