• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Possible fake Diamond MM??

Serturbo

I am Jim Jannard...
Need help and advice of expert eyes regarding this listing on eBay.. looks off even to me .. first off piece around date is different .. also has a more plastic looking finish versus brushed titanium ... tried screenshoting more pics but could not upload them ...

97682B3C-83FF-4E52-BED7-A50A60B4CE35.jpeg

Pattern and layout around the dials look different .. in the above one ...each stone is more segmented and looks more like a grid versus an authentic one below.. the second one was another one sold and the third one is a picture of my old diamond MM...

6BC221A5-9266-473B-9EDD-E8DD6F67305F.png
2B830ADD-CD56-44FD-AC46-AD9384F325F0.jpeg

Both mine (recently moved on to newer pastures :() and the one above it also have Oakley on the left and Swiss made on the right .. were there Time tank diamond MM’s.. there was one thread before discussing validity of a pic where one guy had 4 supposed diamond MM’s on this wrist at one time , but was from Brazil ...

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
First off. They did make a Time tank diamond and a MM diamond which is why your seeing some differences in the hands and some of the details that differ between the two.

Let me take a closer look

The best way to tell a fake is to look at the sides of the case. They did make both time tank style and minute machine style diamond mm. If you have some pics of the sides of the case can tell if it is a fake or genuine.

Ugh trying to take screenshots of the listing pics but for some reason error message keeps popping up when I try to upload the file ...

Thanks for your input steve and Zach ....I was curious ...

Ugh trying to take screenshots of the listing pics but for some reason error message keeps popping up when I try to upload the file ...

Thanks for your input steve and Zach ....I was curious ...
I found the listing on ebay. Everything looks good to me as far as the shape of the case. The bolts that connect the links. The washers as well. I don't see anything that you see on an obvious fake minute machine. The tell tale sign of a fake mm is flat cuts between the crown and chrono buttons as well as the same flat spots on the left side of the case in between the 3 raised portions of the case.

I found the listing on ebay. Everything looks good to me as far as the shape of the case. The bolts that connect the links. The washers as well. I don't see anything that you see on an obvious fake minute machine. The tell tale sign of a fake mm is flat cuts between the crown and chrono buttons as well as the same flat spots on the left side of the case in between the 3 raised portions of the case.

Can you show examples for some people. That would be a great help.
And thanks for the info

I remembered what you told me last time bout the heads of the link screws being slightly rounded (real) instead of complety flat (fake) and also the shape and contours of the case around the chrono buttons..

Figured you work on these puppies for so many hours you’d be able to tell blindfolded with it in your hands ...

I remembered what you told me last time bout the heads of the link screws being slightly rounded (real) instead of complety flat (fake) and also the shape and contours of the case around the chrono buttons..

Figured you work on these puppies for so many hours you’d be able to tell blindfolded with it in your hands ...

If it helped I thought it looked legit. Sometimes it’s hard with ****ty photos and lighting

Can you show examples for some people. That would be a great help.
And thanks for the info
I've posted it several times but heres the pics again. Fake is in top genuine is on the bottom. I bought a fake on purpose so I could tear it apart and learn all the differences. The flat spots is the most obvious and easiest way I've found to spot a fake.

20180904_193114.jpg

20180904_193100.jpg

Latest Posts

Back