• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pretty awesome finds last night...

Any idea how many of them are made? it has a signature and date on the hand but not like a 1/? or anything like that.

I've only seen one more at Day At Red, @FearGearGarage had one which Jim Jennard said it was taken from his desk at Oakley and wanted it back, I don't know if he gave it back to him or not.

This is a picture from Day at Red

image.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't think more than one sculpture was made, but I guess it makes sense if one or two more were made as backups. The way I understood the story was Oakley commissioned a So Cal sculptor/artist to create the statue, which is what is resulted and what you got. A very unique item!

Any idea how many of them are made? it has a signature and date on the hand but not like a 1/? or anything like that.

I've heard of 3......This one, one with winged feet for an O sponsored track star and a third for Gretchen Bleiler with a jet pack on back.....maybe urban legend but I don't know.....I've only seen this one.....Piece like this is sure to have plenty of lore about it.

Oh yeah......how about the blue?

View attachment 203982

Great finds @slvrdragn69....one of a kind items....was the R1 lid engraved with a Rep name?
Yes it absolutely was. He's a great friend of mine and one of the most humble people I know. He's also the one whose gave me the board and statue. Among a few other trinkets that I'll be showing at a later time. Was a truly awesome find. He forgot he had them haha

Back