Prism deep water or sapphire iridium | Oakley Forum
  1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to see less ads, post topics, browse Oakleys, make friends and more!
    Register Now
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Cambam

Cambam Oakley Beginner

I have a pair of turbine with non polorized sapphire iridium lenses. Really don't like driving with them as they seem really dark to look through. Even darker then my other ruby red and black Iridium both polorized sunglasses I have. So I'm gonna replace my lenses with either prism deep water polorized or the regular sapphire iridium polorized lenses. I looked through my buddies twoface shades with the polorized sapphire iridium and I really liked them. Everything was way brighter then my non polorized sapphire iridium.........don't really no why as the light transmission has the same specs, so maybe things are just brighter because of being polorized. Anyone know which is better for driving? Deep water prism or sapphire iridium both polorized. Thx

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rcga32

Rcga32 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Both are cool but Deep Water Polarized has a place in a lot of people's hearts here (myself included)

"TRUMP", Chris515000 and Wicked like this.
  3. Oakley Sydney

Oakley Sydney Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member Lifetime Member

DWP all the way

4. Cambam

Cambam Oakley Beginner

Ya it's only $10 more so that's no problem

5. Cambam

Cambam Oakley Beginner

So no problems driving........as I'm not into fishing at all. Like driving where everything looks great out the windshield and then if I want to see my stereo they are not too dark to see

6. Chris515000

Chris515000 Looking for XS, Mars, juliet, xx, R2 Premium Member

I didn't have to read anything but the title!!!!! dwp is the best choice!!!!

Wesleypipesyo and Dullisc like this.
  7. Cambam

Cambam Oakley Beginner

Ok I think I will order me the prizm DWP lenses and swap out my non polarized sapphire iridium in my turbines. Thx everyone

Oakley Sydney likes this.
  8. Dullisc

Dullisc Oakley Collector

Welcome to the forums :welcome:
    Let everyone know what you think of them.. I"m thinking of getting some as well

Cambam likes this.
  9. Cambam

Cambam Oakley Beginner

I just ordered them, should arrive by Friday. I sure will

10. Jiminy

Jiminy Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

You may find that with any polarised sunglasses you could have issues reading your stereo (or phone or loads of things with a screen) due to the polarisation making it go black or rainbow stress marks becoming apparent …
    I use an iPad like a big GPS and find that at certain angles it goes almost black with DWP in my Juliets.

I have both lenses and IMO you can’t go wrong either way. Good choice with the DWP will love them for driving.

Cambam likes this.