• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Black Polarized with different colored lenses?

Johnefriendly

Oakley Beginner
I bought a pair of Drop Points and Targetlines both with Prizm Black Polarized lenses. The Drop Points have a red pink tint which I don’t care for and the Targetlines are neutral gray. Why is this? Do Drop Points come in a neutral gray tint?

5CE9DDDE-0C1A-4056-8A5F-D3542E9E105A.jpeg

I bought a pair of Drop Points and Targetlines both with Prizm Black Polarized lenses. The Drop Points have a red pink tint which I don’t care for and the Targetlines are neutral gray. Why is this? Do Drop Points come in a neutral gray tint?

View attachment 527364

Sure one isn't normal non prizm black polarized? That is neutral and the prizm version has a hint of pink

Sure one isn't normal non prizm black polarized? That is neutral and the prizm version has a hint of pink
Both of them have Prizm etched into the lens but the Targetlines have Prizm P in the upper corner right eye lens. The Drop Points it’s etched in the lower left eye lens.

They did have a lens they called Prizm Daily Black Iridium (not to be confused with Prizm Daily or Prizm Black). For a while there marketing would label them Prizm Black either way in the description. Your targetlines are the neutral base tint that is the same as all 4 pairs of Prizm Black Polarized lenses that I have in various pairs. That is the current base tint for PBP. The Prizm P etch on the top is correct for the Targetlines as well. Your Drop Points might be the Prizm Daily Black Iridium Polarized, which had the contrast of Daily with the iridium of Black. the stock photos on Oakleys website look like it has more contrast similar to the Prizm Daily base tint. Check out this thread link below.

Prizm Daily Black Iridium

Back