• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Deep Water VS Costa 580G Blue

That's bad luck. I dropped mine several times but they never broke. Dropped on tile, wood, gravel but not full concrete however. Alot of glass lenses these days are tempered and tested with a ball bearing drop. But no, they are certainly nowhere near as impact proof as polycarbonate. Glass benefits are clarity and scratch resistance.

I dropped mine on a boat while I was cobia fishing and they shattered.

I live close to daytona beach where they were founded and everyone else here loves them. I love my oakleys.

I dropped mine on a boat while I was cobia fishing and they shattered.

I live close to daytona beach where they were founded and everyone else here loves them. I love my oakleys.
Wait, you're a local?

My company redid their offices two years ago. Head IT guy had on Oakley's. Go figure.

I'd say weight is a bit of a factor too. If have the Costa Reefton in the 580G Blue lens and they feel a bit front heavy, especially compared to my Radar EV's w/ PDW. I guess that why you see so many Costa wearers rocking the eyewear retainers.

Not true. My husband drops his all the time. Lol. Only busted when they got stepped on. And that's why he isn't allowed to wear my glasses!

Actually, Mich, I'd go with @"TRUMP" on this one. If he doesn't mean it literally ("One" time) he means you just better not drop them at all...because there's a good chance they will shatter, if not crack or chip.

There is ZERO chance of Oakleys doing this, no matter the surface dropped on. Or stepped on, for that matter!!

Actually, Mich, I'd go with @"TRUMP" on this one. If he doesn't mean it literally ("One" time) he means you just better not drop them at all...because there's a good chance they will shatter, if not crack or chip.

There is ZERO chance of Oakleys doing this, no matter the surface dropped on. Or stepped on, for that matter!!
I just meant they are tougher than everyone is making them sound. Chances are the rubber will peel away and off of the frame before the lenses bust (on the Permits anyhow) But of course not compared to Oakley. :)

Latest Posts

Back