• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
"Sigtinius, post: 897341, member: 19472"]Thanks! I'm trying out some Daily Prizm Polarized lenses and I like the BIP better so far. The Prizm contrast effect is not night and day difference to me although some colors pop more, I can tell. I can drive or be looking into the direction of the sun with BIP without squinting at all, and I do have to sometimes squint with the PD depending on the time of day. I think the biggest thing I don't like about PD is how people can see my eyes. The Prizm Daily are nice tho because I don't have to take them off if I am running inside really quick, unlike the BIP. It's now just a personal preference thing for which lens to chose, and I think Maritime will solve all these issues and be a great in between lens.

Does the Prizm Maritime have the pinkish hue the Prizm Daily has? It takes my eyes a second or two to adjust to this hue unlike BIP, but then I'm good and colors pop.
How well can people see your eyes - it does have an iridium finish, doesn't it? BIP is IMO the best lens so people can't see your eyes.

Prizm Maritime is more of a Neutral base, not pink like Prizm Daily.
Its very mirrored, equal to BIP.

Oh- another thing to add (might be the wrong forum for this, but whatever). A thing I did notice that was night and day was the glare reduction. With that being said, when I first put on the PD that were polarized, I thought it was actually a non-polarized lens. Everything that had glare that had been toned down with the BIP I was used to wearing instantly became more intense. I had to take the PD off and make sure it was polarized (it was) because I couldn't believe the difference between it and what BIP to glare. Some things that I could look directly at with BIP became almost blinding and I could tell the light from glare was more harsh on my eyes with PD.

As I mentioned in my earlier reply. Prizm Daily is a very light lens, so its not good in bright sun. Prizm Maritime is alot better in bright light than Prizm Daily but not as good as the darker BIP. And yes it is polarized

Does the Prizm Maritime do well with glare (Better than the Prizm Daily? (I'm hoping so because it is a "maritime" / lens for water, and water always has some glare...)

Yes it does well with glare because it is polarized and has a heavier iridium mirror coating.

Prizm light trans %s are known, for the most part:

Baseball infield - 20%
Baseball outfield - 15%
Daily polar - 14%
Golf - 30%
Road - 20%
Trail - 36%
Deep Water polar - 12%
Shallow Water polar - 15%

Whoa whoa.. is the Shallow H20 Polarized 15%?

Not a fan of the oakley website for various reasons (mostly it's lack of information) but they do list the Shallow H20 Polarized at 21% light transmission (per screenshot from oakley site). Thoughts?

Prizm Shallow Water Polarized Lens Specs.png

Surprised the maritime prizm lets so much light through......sun reflecting on water is usually a killer for the eyes.

Does anybody that has Prizm Daily feel like their eyes get strained after wearing them for a while? I've never felt that with BIP. I think it might be from my eyes not being used to the pinkish hue it has...

Whoa whoa.. is the Shallow H20 Polarized 15%?

Not a fan of the oakley website for various reasons (mostly it's lack of information) but they do list the Shallow H20 Polarized at 21% light transmission (per screenshot from oakley site). Thoughts?

View attachment 346416

That's an old post; my source of the info at that time was o-review's lens database (which is currently inaccessible, unfortunately). I do know that Oakley marketing materials are often rife with errors (such as the SS you posted lists the base tint as grey, which it so obviously is not) but is the 15% or the 21% the actual correct one? IDK.

That's an old post; my source of the info at that time was o-review's lens database (which is currently inaccessible, unfortunately). I do know that Oakley marketing materials are often rife with errors (such as the SS you posted lists the base tint as grey, which it so obviously is not) but is the 15% or the 21% the actual correct one? IDK.

Okay..yea sorry to go digging back in this thread. Couldn't help but address that in particular because I am strongly considering getting the prizm shallow polarized for flak 2.0 for fishing in my local lake. That 6% difference makes a world of difference. Currently using sapphire polarized actually for fishing..I like the 20% light transmission and, of course, polarized is huge standing in front of a body of water.

I had another question regarding Prizm Maritime...

I went to a sunglasses hut the other day and tried different Prizm lenses inside. I noticed the Deep Water Prizm (Has an Iridium coating), Fire (Iridium) Prizm, and Sapphire (Iridium) Prizm (Yes, those are all correct) had different color hues in the middle of the lens compared to the borders. They would have a pinkish hue in the middle and an orange hue on the sides, most noticeable was the Fire (Iridium) Prizm, having an orange hue in the middle and a much darker blue hue on the sides.
(The same multi colored hue goes for those same models of JUST Iridium, non- Prizm lenses too...) Apparently Oakley just released the Fire, Jade, Ice, Sapphire, and Black Iridium Prizm lenses a little while ago. Besides the point...
The Jade and Black (Iridium) Prizm lenses seemed to be the only ones I tried to have a consistent hue throughout the lens. All the others had two hues. Does the Prizm Maritime have a multi colored hue from the middle compared to the borders?

First round of golf of the season today....I can tell you from experience...the H20 themed lens of the Maritime Lens came in handy today....

OK. So the other day I am browsing the forums and I come across these lenses posted by @The Dark Gnat
New Flak 2.0s
I fell in love with those lenses right away. I did some research and find out no one is selling these here and if they are they hard to come by. I further learn they sell these on an OakleySI site. Which btw, I had no idea what that site was. A website for military and government sales. Oh ok. All it needed from me is proof by supplying a document and now I have a lifetime membership. Signed up this morning and these are the 2 frames I am considering with the Prizm Maritime Lens:
These are the Shocktubes

BFE1E74A-0BAB-44E0-AE8B-B2E80D5BD642.jpeg

And the other choice are the Flak 2.0 in the link posted above. I was relieved the Oakley site went down the other day and am able to either choose one of the frames with these lens.
Prices are awesome too.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back