• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Maritime!

Yeah?!?! ......vs just plain iridium polarized?
I wonder if there's a real noticeable variation between them?....and whether the deep water version would have any benefit over shallow in deep water and vice versa. Do either have any benefit over the maritime and Iridium Polarization?
I'm sure there's a thread here somewhere...

In terms of lack of replacement lenses, as it's a 8.75 lens, Big Tacos are obviously an option for custom cuts. But I wonder whether any of the Fast or Flaks would fit. If so, then there would be plenty of donor options.

Most lenses should be suitable (just checked and Flaks work well) since the Squared is a small frame. I bought a load of lenses for the 5^2 when they were on Oakleyvault for under $10 last year so I'm good for the foreseeable future.

Most lenses should be suitable (just checked and Flaks work well) since the Squared is a small frame. I bought a load of lenses for the 5^2 when they were on Oakleyvault for under $10 last year so I'm good for the foreseeable future.
Normal Flaks or XLJ?

I checked with an XLJ, but there looks to be plenty of room (I don't have a normal Flak lens). Old Half Jacket XLJs also work (not much room for error though)

Nice glasses! Mine are in the mail as we speak (chainlink maritime). I was looking for another beach/boating and fishing pair couldn't decide on maritime, shallow water or deep water. I ended up going with these cause I think ill like specs better and they seem to have more iridium reflection to them then shallow waters. Plus these were on oakleysi so made my choice that much easier. Glad you have pics other then promo they look nice. ill post the chainlinks when i get them

They are the same as the shallow water Prizm

I stand corrected. Not the same. Here are some comparisons:
Naked eye
Naked eye.jpg

Shallow
Prizm shallow.jpg

Maritime
Prizm maritime.jpg