• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Road vs Road Jade? Opinions?

jageya

Oakley Enthusiast
I have the road now in ev zero stride/path frames and can wear it biking in all conditions and even wear them indoors at gym working out which i like cause so lite frame and dont need to take off and put in a case at the gym or shopping.
I also have road black which is to me noticible darker compared to road on me and not as useable wearing like i wear the roads. I also have the prizm golf/dark gold and field lens which all are closer to the prizm road to me in terms of versatility.
My wonder is should i get the jade roads? (in sutro lite) or just stick with the prizm roads?

not getting the jades as i dont need them.I got the prizm daily instead which works well.

I'm a fan of Prizm Road over Road Jade, it's really personal preference. The biggest difference is color (e.g Red vs. Jade) and light transmission 20% vs. 15%.

Have a full review on Prizm Road going up soon just need to finish it up, will post here when done.

Update: Oakley Prizm Road Lens | Cycling Review

not getting the jades as i dont need them.I got the prizm daily instead which works well.

Also agree, Prizm Daily is a great all-around lens, same with Prizm Ruby.

Last edited:
I too tried prizm road jade and didn’t care for them. I would prefer prizm road black as my first option, I don’t know if it is the iridium or what but I feel like black and regular prizm road have a bit ‘warmer’ view when looking through, whereas prizm road jade has a colder ‘purple’ appearance. They are each awesome lenses and each person’s eyes are different, just my .02.

i just figured i have prizm blk which i like the mirror and the view out and i like the prizm road alot as its very versatile to me and i wear it indorrds alot when working out cause its very bright so the jade isnt needed for me and i dont care for a green mirror.

The biggest difference is that 24k has a Bronze base and road has the Rose/high contrast base.

LT level for road is 20%, depending on what chart you look at, and 24k is 11%.

thanx...wow the 24k is quite a but darker for me then even the prizm blk road so i will stick with what i use...I like that i can wear the road all day even in the gym working out without removing

looking now at the prizm black in sutro s vs prizm road black vs standard road....i love the road...and the road blk...how is the prizm black diff then the prizm grey?? is one more mirrored??
the prizm road black seem mirrored when i have them on in a good way.. a dark mirror like...at least as much or maybe more then the pizm road?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back