• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm sticker damaged Prizm Road lens

No, not sun fade causing it. Prizm RIP iridium seems more susceptible to damage, ymmv. Found 'dark area under sticker' was actually original unaffected area, iridium coating being protected by 'sticker' from Sunglass Hut's constant wiping and cleaning during Covid years, and believe intense constant direct exposure to UV store display lights located just above the lenses may have contributed to problem. 1-1/2 years later these now lightened fruby-ish lenses oddly made light blue skies appear gray, uggh! Over a year ago found NIB Prizm RIP that have lots of iridium deposit and they are still excellent uniform deep red.

Bought Many more Oakley's from private sellers with Zero problems, and Zero store display models since and forever after that horrible customer experience. Wasted many hours and $30 gas driving around to different and all unhelpful SGhut Owners that Knew about lens problems and chose not to honor their guarantee of Epson EcoTank ET-2711 [60/149] Maintenance tab, and at least one went out of business 2 years ago. Choose wisely friends
I recently treat myself to some Oakley geps with the prizm road lenses. Wore them at the weekend for the first time (admittedly on the MTB) but after about 20 mins it started belting down so took them off and put back in the soft case. When I got home they’ve got quite a few nasty scratches in them. Really disappointed especially given they were not cheap. They’ve scratched up like a £5 supermarket pair of sunnies. I got onto Oakley about it and registered an account on their service/warranty portal and received a response earlier today.. They’re saying it’ll be £77 for them to repair them in Italy and £5 postage. Complete and utter pisstake. I can buy a new replacement lens for £76 FFS. I’ll probably end up just keeping them for road bike only and being extra careful not to **** them up even more. I was planning on getting the prizm trail lenses for them but I’ve not much faith they will be any more robust! Not sure what I’m asking really just wanted to vent and warn others how fragile these glasses are.

My sutro lite mvp sapphire frame with vented prizm had this sticker issue. I ordered directly from oakley the day it was released and removed the sticker immediately and it had a dark square where the sticker was. I ordered a second pair thinking that I would send my defective pair back and it also had this issue.

There is a thread about this from @zwc0442 🙏🏼
Leaving the stickers on the lens is a no no!
I’m just as guilty!

My sutro lite mvp sapphire frame with vented prizm had this sticker issue. I ordered directly from oakley the day it was released and removed the sticker immediately and it had a dark square where the sticker was. I ordered a second pair thinking that I would send my defective pair back and it also had this issue.
Sometimes it'll go away after a couple of weeks. But yeah I wish they would leave stickers off the lens. Prizm road is especially bad for it happening. Even having tape on the lens for a half hour cutting the lens messed up the color of the iridium for a few days. But it did to back to normal.

Sometimes it'll go away after a couple of weeks. But yeah I wish they would leave stickers off the lens. Prizm road is especially bad for it happening. Even having tape on the lens for a half hour cutting the lens messed up the color of the iridium for a few days. But it did to back to normal.

It's been about a year and a half and, unfortunately, the lens sticker square is still present and just as visible. I wonder if they put the sticker on too soon (like right after the it was coated with Iridium).

Sunglass hut have just advised me to purchase them again and hope i get a pair without the issue. That will make a 3rd pair and the second pair were direct from Luxottica so it would.be no different to getting them from Oakley. Funny thing is in the vault store they had plenty of pairs in there with stickers on them. And when I showed them my issue they started checking theirs... Yep... All had same issue across multiple lenses and not just the Ruby Iridium Prizm I have (mine are not polarized).

Update... I've not returned them. Decided I'll keep them and just deal with it. I was in the Oakley store in Torquay Australia today and had them on, I asked the guys there is they'd ever seen it and they hadn't. As per the other Vault store I went to, they went to a few of their pairs that had stickers and removed them to check.... Not a single one had the issue. So I am totally confused now.
I walked out with a new pair of Sapphire Prizm EV Zero Blades that the manager offered to me at 50% off due to the issue I was having even though I never bought them through that store! That's good customer service right there.
They took them out the box and removed the sticker in store to make sure no issue, all clear no marks on lenses.
I've got my eye on another pair of EV Zero Path in Red Iridium that I will prob end up getting too and hopefully no issues with that either.

Back