• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About Juliets W/out Sku# On Frame

I think the lack of SNs or SKUs on later gens is due to customization. My gen 1 rubies had a serial number. I wanted to replace them after they were stolen, and the only way to get ruby lenses in X Metal frames in 2008 was to do a custom order. My custom order rubies have no SKUs or SNs.

I think the lack of SNs or SKUs on later gens is due to customization. My gen 1 rubies had a serial number. I wanted to replace them after they were stolen, and the only way to get ruby lenses in X Metal frames in 2008 was to do a custom order. My custom order rubies have no SKUs or SNs.
Gens 1 through 3 had serial numbers (1 with no suffix, 2 with -A, 3 with -B).

Gen 4 had nothing at all on the arms, aside from some limited editions like the Ichiro 5th release.

Gen 5 had the SKU and size. For customs (the OCP was then in full flow), there was just the size as the SKU determines a frame/lens combo and that was open for the custom frames.

So any 4th gen frame has no markings, not just custom ones, with those few exceptions noted earlier.

OEM x-metal/ruby was on sale throughout the 4th and 5th gens too by the way, I don’t know who sold you the line that you had to go custom.

OEM x-metal/ruby was on sale throughout the 4th and 5th gens too by the way, I don’t know who sold you the line that you had to go custom.

Oakley. When I went online to order a pair the only way to get Ruby and X Metal was custom. That was probably summer of 08. What generation would that have been?
They didn’t come with a coin either. They were still using the original boxes with the the coin slots though.

Last edited:
Oakley. When I went online to order a pair the only way to get Ruby and X Metal was custom. That was probably summer of 08. What generation would that have been?
They didn’t come with a coin either. They were still using the original boxes with the the coin slots though.
Late 4th gen. Probably just didn’t have stock so sold you a custom pair rather than having you wait - hope they didn’t charge you extra!

Latest Posts

Back