• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About Oakley Display Stands 2.0

Nomad

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, decided to register to ask a question of the experts who reside here. I recently purchased some two tier display stands but hadn't done any research about the material they were manufactured from. :blink:

I had assumed based on their look that they were a composite metal, but what I received was plastic. Some searches on ebay appear to indicate that they are meant to be plastic.

I don't have a problem if they are meant to be plastic (especially seeing as I hadn't properly researched my purchase beforehand), but I just want to make sure that I haven't been sold fakes. :cool:

Cheers in advance.

Welcome to the forum!

If you are speaking about the black display stands that are round then yes they are plastic.

Welcome to the forum!

If you are speaking about the black display stands that are round then yes they are plastic.

Thanks OakleyFrank....yes they are round, I should have posted a pic for the avoidance of doubt. :redface:

220506696_displaystand.jpg

I take it that the answer remains the same?

Thanks again OakleyFrank. :thumb:

Max Fearlight, I generally buy my Oakley's online because of the unreasonable price premium you pay for anything in Australia (I say that even with the benefit of having access to Luxottica discounts).

I generally buy my Oakley's online because of the unreasonable price premium you pay for anything in Australia (I say that even with the benefit of having access to Luxottica discounts).

+1... You're not alone on this one. Anyone outside of the States is subject to the ridiculous MSRP's set by "the company that should not be named".

most of the time thats true. but there are a few times when its better instore than online, like apparel and accessories for instance. ive had everything in between from size S to XL. there is a wider range. plus thers the unknown factor. generic photos dont always tell what you are actually getting. unless you know what you are buying then its good, but still thers shipping costs to consider. its a bit of a balance. certain items i buy instore bcos you cant find online, and certain items i buy online bcos you cant find instore. it depends on the person as well. how far away you are from a store, whether making the effort to get there is worth the hassle and so on.

Latest Posts

Back