• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R1 as a wear pair?

delarscuevas

I should Work at Oakley
Netherlands
Hi there,

Owning 4 X-metals now, I'm slowly getting interested in adding an R1. I only buy what I will wear though.

Considering the microcrack issue with the R1:
- would it be advisable to buy one? Or would I crack the lenses in no time?
- Good cutters can add a stress reliëf notch in the lenses, correct?

Off course I will not wear it a lot, but it should be able to stand up against regular use, transport in a vault and handling.

Help much appreciated

Romeo are great, big wide view best coverage for x-metals. It’s easy to avoid cracking lenses by putting them on carefully ( put the nose area on first then lower the arms to ears from top ( imagine a snow goggle) also don’t overtighten the orbital screws.

Romeos never need a tune up so you save money over the life of the pair.

Size-wise, if you prefer XX over a Juliet, you will love an R1. The only problem is stopping at just one....

Use some custom cuts from Chris A Hardaway and don't worry about the stress cracks...
a42124a4898c3f1df58551f1260237f4.jpg

I wear mine basically everyday since almost a year and the lens are fine. i just remove the original lens and I've got a set from Chris and there no sign of stress crack. get a pair you love them !!!

Size-wise, if you prefer XX over a Juliet, you will love an R1. The only problem is stopping at just one....

Use some custom cuts from Chris A Hardaway and don't worry about the stress cracks...View attachment 713163
This is my fear. I've got a bunch of XX because the Juliets were too small and love them. I worry if I get a R1 that I will need many more. Sooner than later.

This is my fear. I've got a bunch of XX because the Juliets were too small and love them. I worry if I get a R1 that I will need many more. Sooner than later.

R1s, for me, I bad ass looking. But, I can only wear them for an hour and then they pinch my nose...XX I can wear much longer. The nose bombs are night and day.

While I liked the fit and look of them. I felt it was a bit heavy for extended wear.

I thought they were too big for my face, so bought Juliets back in 2001. Now I own about 8 R1's and love them. Plasma finish later gen is beautiful!

Back