• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

šŸ¦˜Reasons Why it's Better to Trust A Seller/Buyer, Than PayPal

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
PayPal is generally great, and if something goes wrong in a transaction, it usually works out the right way. But....

Q : If I'm Protected By PayPal anyhow, Why is it Better to Deal with Someone You Can Trust?
  1. If you've ever had to claim back from PayPal, it's a real pain in the O-ring (P.S. "O-ring" is NOT referring to "orbital ring". It's a word starting with "A" and ending with "E" and rhymes with "glass").
  2. It takes energy to lodge a dispute once you don't receive the item (which may be 3-4 weeks later). It then takes at least another month for you to get a ruling in your favour (after the seller has been given a lot of time to respond).
  3. Even if YOU are in the right, believe it or not, sometimes, PayPal WILL NOT rule in your favour and you will have to appeal, which may take a longer period of time. AND sometimes, PayPal CAN'T rule in your favour (e.g. if a you get sent money via PayPal F & F, but they pay by credit card (which you don't know about), and then the buyer cancels the credit card or disputes the transaction with his credit card company. Then then PayPal themselves MAY refund you the money. But there's a chance they won't. And yes, this situation has happened to me).
  4. It could take up to 3-4 months to sort out your problem. In fact, I had one dispute that took 6 months to sort out before I got my AUD$3000 back, even though I paid via G & S!!!!!
  5. Not only that, but if you have "technically" bought an item, you don't know whether you should hang on and wait till the issue is resolved, or hunt for another of the same item. Something suitable may pass you by during this time OR you could end up with 2 of the same items which is a pain and often, so unnecessary.

Back