• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Honestly, i really think Revant Elite are a good product. Like the Midnight Sun Elite Polar are a great alternative lense considering Torch Polar and Ruby Polar domt exist for Split Shot, but its neither. if i had to guess, the aim was to clone Torch. but what ive seen of the Fire Red or whatever they call it is disappointing. It wouldnt hurt to jump Oakleys gun by making lenses that use a color base for simple feel. Like i feel a good ruby polar. Calm, crisp, etc. I felt ruby prizm polar in its earlier iterations. but consistency is an issue for Oakley/Lux. so now we have the frubiest of fruby prizm ruby and its mated with the green tint Violet lost when they made Prizm Violet Polar. I can feel it, but i dont want to. lol. That is the gap in the market a lense company should be hitting hard.
Nostalgia sells.

also @kmbijit thats robbery. whats an OEM set cost ya? I learned the hard way by selling a vinyl of Tool Aenima to a guy in Canada in my NIN/Tool collecting days that duties exist for Canadian buyers. neither the buyer or I planned on that. sometimes i forget that Clinton screwed us on jobs with NAFTA, but gave us cheap imports in the process. At $90-ish, there is no way id snag the midnight suns over OEM. i only paid like $80 for the frame with prizm snow torch in the first place. bought a replacement set for $65, which was exactly what i paid for the Elites.

We don't get OEM replacements for easy where I am, but customer service did assure me they'd procure a set of Split Shot replacement lenses in 45 days for a price of $70 odd. The Revant Elites came close for $65(excluding import duties)and after reading some really positive reviews of their HC3 range, I figured I'd give them a shot.

I'd say again, they aren't bad at all. I've used them in the past and the standard range works out to $35-$40 which is the most I'll be willing to pay for a set of non-OEMs, uness there's a substantial improvement in user experience (appealing tints, excellent quality etc).

Quick Update:
Revant team emailed me asking if I could share a few pics of the defects, and within 24 hours of my email, they issued me a set of replacements, no questions asked. That's the best ever customer service I've experienced! Many Thanks @Revant Optics

Revant’s customer service (as far as my experience goes) has been one of the best. Always more than willing to send a new replacement set if something is wrong upon opening.

Quick Update:
Revant team emailed me asking if I could share a few pics of the defects, and within 24 hours of my email, they issued me a set of replacements, no questions asked. That's the best ever customer service I've experienced! Many Thanks @Revant Optics
Did you get the same ones and is there any change in tint? I was thinking ordering the same ones for the same reason as you but now not sure, or to take my chance with titanium elite option or dont buy at all. I was too reading great stuff about hc3 and now you confirm they are not making those anymore. Anyone know what would be revant most neutral color similar to prizm black polarized lens? thanks to all in advance!

Did you get the same ones and is there any change in tint? I was thinking ordering the same ones for the same reason as you but now not sure, or to take my chance with titanium elite option or dont buy at all. I was too reading great stuff about hc3 and now you confirm they are not making those anymore. Anyone know what would be revant most neutral color similar to prizm black polarized lens? thanks to all in advance!

They are still in transit - international shipping. The first batch took 38 days and I don't expect the 2nd batch to reach any earlier either!

I don't think there are any aftermarket options matching Prizm Black. The non-elite option from Revant matches BIP.

Haven't used Revant's Titanium options but based on experience with aftermarket lenses, chrome-mirrored lenses generally offer a pleasing warm grey tint.

They are still in transit - international shipping. The first batch took 38 days and I don't expect the 2nd batch to reach any earlier either!

I don't think there are any aftermarket options matching Prizm Black. The non-elite option from Revant matches BIP.

Haven't used Revant's Titanium options but based on experience with aftermarket lenses, chrome-mirrored lenses generally offer a pleasing warm grey tint.
Stealth black non elite similar to BIP? You tried them? I read non elite dont give good focus and cause eye strain.

Stealth black non elite similar to BIP?

Black chrome Non-elite has the iridium finish. Stealth black is a non-mirrored lens. The tint is more or less the same, a neutral grey with around 12% VLT.

Can't comment on the eye strain part, other users may pitch in here.

Curious what Revant would be equivalent to either Prizm Trail or Prizm Shallow Water (didn't see a tracer orange on their site for a Flak 2.0 XL, also seems all flak lens offerings are vented).

Back