• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I can honestly say Revant offers exceptional customer service.
I had problems with my Monster Dog lenses and Eye Jacket redux lens. They were too thick and wouldn't fit. Got refund straight away and was able to keep the lenses.
As for lenses i got Elite Polarized in:
--Midnight Sun
--Flare Gold
--Fire red
--Titanium Mirror Shield
--Flash Bronze

I can honestly say Revant offers exceptional customer service.
I had problems with my Monster Dog lenses and Eye Jacket redux lens. They were too thick and wouldn't fit. Got refund straight away and was able to keep the lenses.
As for lenses i got Elite Polarized in:
--Midnight Sun
--Flare Gold
--Fire red
--Titanium Mirror Shield
--Flash Bronze

Completely agree on their customer service.

I've always been on tenterhooks when it comes to the lens tints for aftermarket lenses. Must I add that the visualizers on the websites do not help?

Right now I'm torn between Flash Bronze and Flare Gold for a pair of Crosshair 2.0s. I'm assuming the following, though I may be wrong:

- Flare Gold matches Oakley's vintage Gold Iridium (Subtle bronze gold, not the flashy 24k)
- Flash Bronze matches Tungsten Iridium (Bronze base with subtle iridium coat)

Would you mind sharing a few daytime pics of all your elite lenses, how they look from the outside and how is the tint when seen through?

Curious what Revant would be equivalent to either Prizm Trail or Prizm Shallow Water (didn't see a tracer orange on their site for a Flak 2.0 XL, also seems all flak lens offerings are vented).

Karl, I believe their Emerald Green Elite comes close to shallow water. Here's a review:

Sure will do so when i get home.
However i don't have Oakley 24k to compare.
I don't recommend the flash bronze--there is no mirror effect like on the website.
Its just like the Oakley dark bronze.

I don't recommend the flash bronze--there is no mirror effect like on the website.
Its just like the Oakley dark bronze.

Ah, sucks!! I was in for a similar disappointment when I received my Black Chrome lenses. According to Revant's website, it was supposed to be a specialized, contrast enhancing tint and I totally had a Prizm Black in mind when I ordered them. The lens tint turned out to be a dull greenish grey and it took me a full week to start using the lens after getting over the mental setback (expectations vs reality).

Screenshot_20210512-102923_1.png

Excuse the bad photography skills.
But i recommend the Midnight Sun and Flare Gold (see below pics)--if you like mirror lenses.
On the revant website Titanium Mirror Shield and Flash Bronze look awesome but were a total let down. Even Titanium Mirror Shield didn't offer much "mirror shield."

As for lens quality and clarity just under par compared with Oakley Prizm lenses but on par with Oakley lenses.

thumbnail_image2.jpg

thumbnail_image1.jpg

thumbnail_image0.jpg

Excuse the bad photography skills.
But i recommend the Midnight Sun and Flare Gold (see below pics)--if you like mirror lenses.
On the revant website Titanium Mirror Shield and Flash Bronze look awesome but were a total let down. Even Titanium Mirror Shield didn't offer much "mirror shield."

As for lens quality and clarity just under par compared with Oakley Prizm lenses but on par with Oakley lenses.

View attachment 864207

View attachment 864208

View attachment 864209
Is this the Flare Gold lens?

Midnight sun on black pit bulls for sure.
Flare gold or fire red on my white pit bulls--its late and will have to check tomorrow. I have both fire red and flare gold. Will pots pics once i go through my sunglasses tom.
Sorry about confusion.

What if you don't really care about the mirror finish itself, and just want the closest thing to SWP in terms of how they look thru the lens (ie: the contrast/tint/etc).

Back