• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Nothing on the market can compare to Prizm lenses at the moment.
Good to know, basically what I'm reading review wise is that Revant particulatly on their Elite line comes pretty darn close in terms of optical quality and appearance (and the standard tints). I might get the inexpensive green and yellow they make since they are options I don't see offered for what I have from Oakley just for sake of alternatives :p

Nothing on the market can compare to Prizm lenses at the moment.

Well, HC3 lenses surely were the closest you could get to Prizm. Not sure why they were killed. May be some IP stuff or anti-competition clauses from Lux?

Black pair--Revant Midnight Sun

White pair--Revant Fire red lens

Silver pair--Oakley Warm Grey lens

--Flare Gold lens on the table

thumbnail_image0.jpg

Do we have an opinion on Revant non-polarized lens?
I prefer non polarized for sports and looking at smartphone .. is there a high end non polarized?
I have tried the green coated non polarized (Revant version of jade iridium) in an old t-wire.
It seems very nice as an every day lens but i see some uneven tint if the angle of the lens is shifted slightly.
Given the small size of the lens (t-wire gen1) , this is a little concerning.

I prefer non polarized for sports and looking at smartphone .. is there a high end non polarized?
I have tried the green coated non polarized (Revant version of jade iridium) in an old t-wire.
It seems very nice as an every day lens but i see some uneven tint if the angle of the lens is shifted slightly.
Can't say anything for the sports, but I haven't had an issue using polarized for any of my smartphones or tablets, or my mirrorless cameras. May be a weird look if you view it from an extreme angle but you're not usually tilting the phone side ways to use it.

Also would that uneven tint be considered a defect by their standard? Even if it's on the standard non-polarized non-elite lens?

Technically their non-polarized lenses should be good, they claim that the non-polar and Elite lenses are thicker than their regular Polarized lenses. Based on my experience with Elite, I'm assuming they are polycarbonate as opposed to TAC material used on the regular polarized lenses.

If my assumption is true then NonPolar lenses should have better scratch resistance and durability.

Back