• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Room Full Of Squares

ps: Razer, how orange is your lenses? they look way more orange than my X-Squared. front-on shot? and also if you have time, some photos on how the flex coupler innards look like =)
Took some pics!

P1070985.jpg

P1070986.jpg

P1070988.jpg

P1070989.jpg

So all three of those are supposed to be Ruby. LOL

Its about damn time......CONGRATS!!!!!!! I bet I do a Tio2 conversion on my XS faster then you do!!!!!
We shall see... We shall see...

DAMN, that fuel cell ruby looks sexay. I noticed the fire on my scalpel has a mixture of green/yellow...while ruby of today is more of a orange/yellow...that's the only way i can tell the difference...you should have gotten a SAMSUNG monitor :p

@ Razer, I'm not hijacking your thread but I fiugre I would throw up some Rubies too.....

img0591pk.jpg

Oppps My wiretaps have positive red, sorry....

No prob!

It's amazing how much inconsistency there is on the Ruby.

I was about to say, those Wiretaps seem almost TOO Ruby. LOL

After I took the pix, I noticed they were there. The Juliet's are the only pair I have that are a deep ruby color. They were purchased new about 5 years ago....

After I took the pix, I noticed they were there. The Juliet's are the only pair I have that are a deep ruby color. They were purchased new about 5 years ago....
Yeah when I got my Red China Fuel Cell I was literally jumping for joy just for the lenses themselves. LOL

I really don't understand how Oakley hasn't done anything about these Ruby Iridiums that look like Fire Iridiums. I mean, it's pretty blatant how the two look pretty much the same now. If they aren't going to readjust the coloring at least make +Red available to more frames then so that people can choose that over the Ruby that isn't Ruby.

Some of my Ruby lenses look better in less light. The brighter the light the more they appear to be fire

some of it has to do with the len's actual curvature. more curve generally means less red (cos the colors transition with the curve). the x-metal range all have 8.75 base curve, so uts harder to get a nice looking ruby, it has to be exceptionally red to look decent. but yeah your X-squareds are quite orange as rubies go..

Back