• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RX Lenses

hi, tapping onto this existing thread instead of opening a new one...

every official pair of RX lens with sunglass tint that is from Oakley needs to be made by Oakley and the (authorized oakley) eyewear store has to order them for you, and you wait for them to arrive, is that all correct? one bottom corner is a oakley logo. I just dont wanna be duped by a eyewear store that i'm paying for oakley lenes when they whip out their stock in the back, so to speak.

hi, tapping onto this existing thread instead of opening a new one...

every official pair of RX lens with sunglass tint that is from Oakley needs to be made by Oakley and the (authorized oakley) eyewear store has to order them for you, and you wait for them to arrive, is that all correct? one bottom corner is a oakley logo. I just dont wanna be duped by a eyewear store that i'm paying for oakley lenes when they whip out their stock in the back, so to speak.

I felt exactly the same hence my questions earlier in the thread :) I've made sure that the internet opticians I'm using are send the order to the USA as Oakley now only have one global lab that deal with all their lenses prescription and non-prescription.....looking forward to getting mine later this week :)

i see... look forward to your update this week if you don't mind. and what do you mean by oakley now only ahve one global lab, did they shrink down their lab locations down to just 1?

No problem happy to update the thread :)

Yes they did have an Oakley Lab in Ireland but that shut in Feb '15 moving everything back to the states

I felt exactly the same hence my questions earlier in the thread :) I've made sure that the internet opticians I'm using are send the order to the USA as Oakley now only have one global lab that deal with all their lenses prescription and non-prescription.....looking forward to getting mine later this week :)

If you don't mind me asking, how much did those Rx lenses come out for you? And what lens tint did you get? I'm interested in getting some as well.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did those Rx lenses come out for you? And what lens tint did you get? I'm interested in getting some as well.

I went for the Fives Squared Grey Smoked frames with the Polarised Black Iridium and paid £250 for them

Back