• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RX Lenses

they better be worth it lol....and I can imagine they will be.

In the UK from an Optician you are looking at £350/$540 so I was even looking at purchasing from the US at $400 mark and shipping them over then I found a great UK site selling them and actually the company is based about 30 miles from me so if anything goes wrong they are easy to get hold of :)

Well they finally arrived

ACE6233A-8C95-4C01-8974-87A3DED659A3_zpst1o4izp0.jpg

They had to be sent back to Oakley to be redone as when they arrived there was a scratch on the lens, all sorted now.

The lenses are not as dark as I thought they would be but having never owned a pair of Oakley I'm surprised at how natural the vision is through them.

Well they finally arrived

ACE6233A-8C95-4C01-8974-87A3DED659A3_zpst1o4izp0.jpg

They had to be sent back to Oakley to be redone as when they arrived there was a scratch on the lens, all sorted now.

The lenses are not as dark as I thought they would be but having never owned a pair of Oakley I'm surprised at how natural the vision is through them.
The lenses are probably not the problem. Grey smoke is a semi translucent frame meaning you're getting light leakage through the frame itself, making the lenses less effective at blocking the sun. If you put them in an opaque frame they'd be much darker.

Well I've now settled on the frames and lenses and the order is been placed today

One more question though....Oakley Prescription lenses do they have a identifier on them confirming that they are Oakley made lenses?

Thanks
YES THEY HAVE A LARGE "O" ENGRAVED ON THE LENS, AND TWO SMALLER O'S ON EACH LENS ETCHED BY THE DIGITAL SURFACING AND CNC MANUFACTURING AT OAKLEY RX.

Back