• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scalpel Fit Comparison

RoTors

I am Jim Jannard...
Stumbled onto an image of a scalpel. Really liked the styling and it appears it would fit my honkin' huge noggin.

Tried to find threads on comparison sizing but only found ones with glasses I haven't tried yet.

How does the Scalpel compared to a X-metal XX or Juliet? Split Jackets? Fuel Cells? Any members have a Scalpel and others to do a comparison shot?

Thanks

Last edited:
Stumbled onto an image of a scalpel. Really liked the styling and it appears it would fit my honkin' huge noggin.

Tried to find threads on comparison sizing but only found ones with glasses I haven't tried yet.

How does the Scalpel compared to a X-metal XX or Juliet? Split Jackets? Fuel Cells? Any members have a Scalpel and others to do a comparison shot?

Thanks
I do not have x-metals to tell u but the fit is tighter than a Fuel Cell.

I do not have x-metals to tell u but the fit is tighter than a Fuel Cell.

STavros,

Is the tighter fit in the temple areas? Or is it more towards the tips of the earstems?

( Rotor's feeble attempt at trying to get yet another awesome lookin' frame that won't fit his noggin' )

I do not know if this helps.Up is the Scalpel and below a Fuel Cell
IMAG2271_zps7e43cf50.jpg

IMAG2272_zpsb3df2cdc.jpg

The fit is similar to the fuel cell, it just has a sportier wrap than the fuel cells and rubber on the nose and stems which is way more comfortable. I wore mine regularly before selling them and really preferred the fit and feel of them over the fuel cell. The arms have a good amount of flex to them so I think if the fuel cells fit comfortably you'd be just fine in a scalpel. If the fuel cells are tight then you may want to pass on them.

From personal experience I could wear fuel cells a couple hours before the nose and stems started digging into my face, but I could wear scalpels all day with no problems at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
STavros,

Is the tighter fit in the temple areas? Or is it more towards the tips of the earstems?

( Rotor's feeble attempt at trying to get yet another awesome lookin' frame that won't fit his noggin' )
more towards the tips of the earstems.not too much difference but there is a slight one;)

I have a very big head, and am pleasantly surprised at how good they fit. Wide across the front of the frames, and while a tighter wrap than Fuel Cells, more flex so very comfortable. I use mine as my beater/yardwork/lake pair, and can wear them forever. Love the unobtainium.

I wear 25s in my r1's & xmxx's and 15's in my xs's. Also wear hijinx/antix, eyepatch1&2, jawbones, and scalpels in my rotation. Scalpels are tighter but fit my head well, since as above posters mentioned the stems are more flexible than fuelcells, which gave me headaches from temple contact. Only downside, if you have a wider face they may or may not fit you appearance wise.

more towards the tips of the earstems.not too much difference but there is a slight one;)

Haha, so there is hope?!?!

I wear 25s in my r1's & xmxx's and 15's in my xs's. Also wear hijinx/antix, eyepatch1&2, jawbones, and scalpels in my rotation. Scalpels are tighter but fit my head well, since as above posters mentioned the stems are more flexible than fuelcells, which gave me headaches from temple contact. Only downside, if you have a wider face they may or may not fit you appearance wise.

Good to know. Well I decided to take a gamble and relieved one forum member of their Scalpel. We shall see shortly.

Back