• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scratchings Or Marks On Oem Lenses....

freakface

Oakley Expert
HOUSE, ASIA
i bought a juliet with after market lenses to swap with oem. but before trashing the aftermarket lens, i tried smashing it with a screw driver, right down the middle (stabbing form). holy hell, there was not even a mark. no scratch or anything. tried a couple of time more....nothing....
this lead me to wonder why on the flipside, oem lenses sometimes get marks or scratches even with the utmost care. is this normal for oem to scratch more easily than aftermarket? something with the coating maybe?

i bought a juliet with after market lenses to swap with oem. but before trashing the aftermarket lens, i tried smashing it with a screw driver, right down the middle (stabbing form). holy hell, there was not even a mark. no scratch or anything. tried a couple of time more....nothing....
this lead me to wonder why on the flipside, oem lenses sometimes get marks or scratches even with the utmost care. is this normal for oem to scratch more easily than aftermarket? something with the coating maybe?

What aftermarket lenses are those bro? got some pics?

I think they were revant lenses. I threw them away.... They were light green with slight yellow tints. Definitely not oem emerald. It was also a lot thicker than oem...

Back