• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sellers Requesting PayPal Friends and Family

I guess it’s the buyers judgement now. I am happy doing F&F with people I have past dealings with that have solid reps. But each person has to decide their level of risk acceptance for them self
This! If I've done a few transactions with you than I have no problem doing F&F. Otherwise I won't as I've been burned a couple of times in the past. Also, don't even get me started on people wanting bank transfers only. I've walked away from a few deals on watch forums because of this.

I just shake my head when someone does F&F and then gets shafted afterwards and complains about it. Everyone knows (or at least should know) that it’s against forum rules. Everyone also knows (or at least also should know) that once you hit send for a F&F transfer, it’s gone. Period. Even for cheap items just tell the seller you’ll pay the fee if s/he is stubborn about it. Those extra few bucks are certainly worth the peace of mind.

As for high end items, unless you REALLY trust someone, forget about it!

I look at the reputation of who I am dealing with. All the obvious stuff... check stats and feedback etc. and if I see that person has personality in the forum and participates it is obvious to me they value their reputation way more than anything that could be sold here. Those people get FF but if they come out of nowhere or distant past its G&S. I have to admit with this new tax deal asking for FF as a seller is more tempting. I will gladly do G&S though and still recommend it to someone Im not 100% about or them about me. I always send FF to my customizer and cutter because I appreciate their skill and want them to have every penny I can give them. Still not sure how the standard is going to pan out with securing yourself in a sale and keep sams fingers off our stash.

I look at the reputation of who I am dealing with. All the obvious stuff... check stats and feedback etc. and if I see that person has personality in the forum and participates it is obvious to me they value their reputation way more than anything that could be sold here. Those people get FF but if they come out of nowhere or distant past its G&S. I have to admit with this new tax deal asking for FF as a seller is more tempting. I will gladly do G&S though and still recommend it to someone Im not 100% about or them about me. I always send FF to my customizer and cutter because I appreciate their skill and want them to have every penny I can give them. Still not sure how the standard is going to pan out with securing yourself in a sale and keep sams fingers off our stash.
I think this is a reason there seems to be some more Trade ads popping up. May be coincidence, but it could be sellers just trying to avoid 1099s and the no FF issue on this forum.

I think this is a reason there seems to be some more Trade ads popping up. May be coincidence, but it could be sellers just trying to avoid 1099s and the no FF issue on this forum.
true.... but isn't that "trading" one problem for another?

Latest Posts

Back