• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Show Off Your Dogs (of The K-9 Variety)

4290F700-CF54-4910-A624-E5CB84B2BF86.jpeg

Photo courtesy of Litos before I got her. Great shot.

So, we recently lost our dog, Nala. She does unexpectedly and it’s still a mystery. In the void I reached out to @Litos to see if he might have a clue as to what caused her death. It’s still a bit upsetting as it happened so quickly.

During our conversation Litos mentioned that there had been a stay put bill running around his neighborhood. She had been posted on the next door app and no one claimed her. She did not have a chip. Litos “captured her”. She had been in a neighbors bushes the last few days. The neighbor had been feeding her, but could not take her in. Litos took her in the first night until we could meet up in Luling, TX the next day.

Brought her back home and got her to the vet. Waited there a good 4-5 hours to be seen since she did not have an appointment. Got Her started with what she needed. Current on all vaccines now. She did have fleas, tape worms from ingesting fleas and early evidence of heart worms. We got her started with Nexgard to kill fleas and ticks, drontal for tape worms (caused by ingesting fleas), prednisone (steroid), doxycycline (antibiotic capsules that are impossible to get her to take lol), and she will start on ivermectin tomorrow for heart worms ( though she will need more extensive costly heart worm treatment over the next few months). Doc said she needs to gain weight that she was very thin at 51 lbs. I think she slep good for the first time in a while last night.

View attachment 519083

View attachment 519103 View attachment 519104

Her two different sides. We should call her two face. Lol.

Well done for giving her a second chance at happiness/life, mate.

Much respect.

Well done for giving her a second chance at happiness/life, mate.

Much respect.

She’s such a good dog. I don’t know how she ended up on the street, but definitely deserves to be happy in life. My wife has tenatively named her “Lola”. Not sure if this will stick or we decide something else.

Back