• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Silicone Ring In Juliet Orbital?

MongooseBlanco

I should Work at Oakley
Texas
Good Evening Everyone,
I just took this Juliet apart and found silicone inside of the orbital lens channel. Has anyone seen this before? Was there a casting error and the orbital was made too large, so they added this at the factory for proper lens fit?

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!

2367DA13-B093-4D06-A12F-27399C1CF870.jpeg

I see that in many Juliet’s As in other frames, this technique is used for a better fixation of the lens when there are slight manufacturing variations in the frame, I have seen them especially in the r2 and Halfx but also in juliets and Mars, it is rare to see them in penny’s or Romeo’s 1

It’s an X Metal / Black Iridium with a real high serial number. I was just curious if this was something done by the original owner, or if it was practice at the factory. I’ve taken a few dozen Juliets apart and never seen it, but I know some folks have broken down hundreds of them.

Yeah It is not normal, normally the frames came from the factory perfect, but sometimes comes with some defects since the metal is not easy to work and to correct these small details, if the orbital had any mismatch in the slot of the lens they put it to correct and that the lens was fit perfectly.

Latest Posts

Back