• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Slightly nervous

I'd prefer what you're dealing with right now man, over having a package marked as delivered but it's not to my house while previously noting there was an issue with the address?

I cannot get a hold of anyone on the phone, going in person the clerk admits it doesn't make sense as my mail was delivered at 11am - so this package had to be delivered to a different house but in the same zipcode. They said each scanner has a geo locator in the machine so they can figure out where a box is scanned prior to drop off, but they don't have access to that information... they need me to come in at some time when there is a postal delivery person there to gain access to their scanner an see if they were the person that dropped it off. It's pretty much keep calling till I can get a hold of the post master or keep checking in at the post office till there is a delivery person there an have the clerk check their machine... They said in theory the person who got it should see it's not their address and have the delivery person take it back, but thats basing it off of whoever got it being a decent human.

USPS Tracking.png

I'd prefer what you're dealing with right now man, over having a package marked as delivered but it's not to my house while previously noting there was an issue with the address?

I cannot get a hold of anyone on the phone, going in person the clerk admits it doesn't make sense as my mail was delivered at 11am - so this package had to be delivered to a different house but in the same zipcode. They said each scanner has a geo locator in the machine so they can figure out where a box is scanned prior to drop off, but they don't have access to that information... they need me to come in at some time when there is a postal delivery person there to gain access to their scanner an see if they were the person that dropped it off. It's pretty much keep calling till I can get a hold of the post master or keep checking in at the post office till there is a delivery person there an have the clerk check their machine... They said in theory the person who got it should see it's not their address and have the delivery person take it back, but thats basing it off of whoever got it being a decent human.

View attachment 554592
Oh no man. That's horrible. A bit of confidence for you though. I had that happen to me with a shipment last year. The new mailperson in the area delivered it to the wrong address. Luckily the people who received it brought it into the post office so I was able to get it eventually. I actually caught that mailperson the next day and asked her what the hell happened. She told me I was harassing her and shed call the police if I didn't back away. I was like wow thanks for nothing. I filed a complaint with the post office regarding her crappy service and reaction to my simple and friendly questions. I was told later on she quit by our new mailman who eventually won the bid for my area. I really hope it works out for you and they locate that package

Oh no man. That's horrible. A bit of confidence for you though. I had that happen to me with a shipment last year. The new mailperson in the area delivered it to the wrong address. Luckily the people who received it brought it into the post office so I was able to get it eventually. I actually caught that mailperson the next day and asked her what the hell happened. She told me I was harassing her and shed call the police if I didn't back away. I was like wow thanks for nothing. I filed a complaint with the post office regarding her crappy service and reaction to my simple and friendly questions. I was told later on she quit by our new mailman who eventually won the bid for my area. I really hope it works out for you and they locate that package

The crummy thing is I paid 8 bucks for shipping which would've covered priority mail, but the seller (ebay) sent it 1st class to save themselves a couple bucks... which in turn screws me out of any insurance money for wrongfully delivered package. The clerk said technically if it was sent to the wrong house and had insurance an they could verify it was not scanned at my house I would be entitled to that insurance money, but instead I'm SOL because the seller was being frugal.

Doesn't Ebay always side with the buyer?. Ebay may refund u.
I'm getting the vibe from them that since it was 'delivered' their work here is done, since it's my word against theirs. I'm trying to collect a bit more info from them first to have more material before I open a case on it, as I'm not sure how ebay will side considering it's mentioned as delivered.

I asked the seller if they can submit a copy of receipt of acceptance to me, as it should have on there where the package was intended to go via zip code - if the zip code doesn't match to mine I'll have proof it was a fault of their own. They sent me a photo but it's just the tracking number as they folded all the other info out of the photos - so I'm going to see if they can send me a full photo before I open a case...

Latest Posts

Back